HUGE :tdown: to Frontier Auto Glass

Oh, and hope that you don’t need another one soon. Last year, in 2 separate incidents my mom and dad’s cars both got cracks. This happened 1 month apart. He got each one fixed shortly after it happened. When renewal time came, they cancelled him. He had been a customer for 30 years there. 2 claims for glass and he was gone. They offered to write him a new policy at a higher rate. Windshields are cheaper to buy than to pay for glass coverage. He no longer carries glass coverage.

funny story. was going to get glass coverage pictures taken after school one day, and as I popped my sunroof open a hinge let loose and the sunroof just decided to fly off the car and break into a million pieces… but yeah. i think glass coverage is a plus. tracking down a certain piece can be expensive.

the main reason i got it originally was because when i had my Porsche 944, the glass hatch on those things costs a FORTUNE. We prob dont need it now, everything we have is really common (02 Blazer, 98 Dakota and soon-to-be 95 Bronco). i just assume keep it because i wanted to take it off when i got rid of the Porsche but my mom said just keep it and she would pay that portion of it. so whatever. now i jsut gotta get this matter with the other window resolved.

i went to safelite glass on dick/walden a couple weeks ago to have the molding around my front and rear windows replaced, best service i’ve ever had. they did a great job and helped me out alot on the price of everything too.

i’d def recomend them for future work…

yeah, known him and his ex forever, she cut used to cut my hair, since like the late 80’s.

Sorry to hear your bad encounter.

They did a windshield for me, some friends and family members, flawless. And they do great work on the glass products we need and we purchase a lot of custom glass for our units. Good prices too :tup:

sorry to hear man, it always sucks when a shop provides shitty customer service to the point of lying.

mary?

yeah she cut my hair when she was at apple, lol then at theyre house

mary?

yeah she cut my hair when she was at apple, lol then at theyre house

i kno im just gonna get the run-around tomorrow, so im prob just gonna peacfully leave and end with 'ok thats fine, I will be contacting both the Better Bussiness Beureau (sp?) and the Vehicle Safety Divisin of the DMV about the situation. You should be haring from them shortly" and be on my way and do just that. now, unless the people there are totally stupid, they’ll prob turn right around and offer to fix it. and then i’ll prob contact them anyway and complain about the shitty service, or would that be an asshole move?

I would do that and then report them let your insurance company know too

Buick pm sent

You do know the BBB doesn’t mean shit. They have no power, they just review places basically. I don’t see why the fuck the DMV would care either…

A lawyer would be your best bet.

DMV cares because they regulate registered automotive businesses they act as a consumer advocate agency. dont confuse them with erie county auto bureau (where you register your car) most people think DMV is DMV it’s not- erie county runs the auto bureau’s which is why they are so F’ed up (god forbid erie county could do anything right) Vehicle Safety is a state run agency- if the shop is a registered shop (which glass shops are not always required to be) there are actions that can be done. right off the top of my head this qualifies for a"non-quality repair" . if anyone has problems with a repair performed by a shop, a piece of crap car bought from a crappy car dealer, or a bad inspection- call them it’s what they do

i went back today, they told me to come back in 2 hours, and i sad i couldnt because i ahd school the guy shrugged his shoulders and said ‘o well’ and is aid ‘this is rediculous’ and left. my mom found out about the whole thing and got pissed and called them, and they called me a liar on the phone and kept saying it wasnt them and they think im just trying to take advantage of them, which is a load of shit. heres the dammage:

clearly you can see that this seal is not seated right and looks like some1 was prying at it with a scredriver or something:

this piece should be tight and flish with the back of the door, and its loose and moved forward:

this is the other end:

this is a pice of window molding on the door that was clearly pried back (and yes, that is a scratch, not a wax line):

here is a video to demonstrate how bad the window moves. the guy tried telling me that its the regulator and most cars with over 100,000 miles on them have them go bad. i was quick to point out that the odometer says 60,000 not 160,000 and also that normal wear and tear doesnt happen in the 2 hours that they ahd the truck:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/MikeRi24/th_MOV01345.jpg

im going to be contacting the BBB and the DMV agency mentioned above. this is bullshit. im gonna get a lawyer involved if need be. o and the guy also said he could have me arrested for ‘doing a 100’ burnout in his parking lot when i left’ which is also a load of shit. i will admit that ocne i turned onto Niagara Falls blvd, i got on the gas pretty good cuz i was pisse, but i did NOT burnout in the parking lot. first off, theres not even 100’ to do that big of a burnout there, and my truck cant even do that to begin with! im ready to fucking kill someone right now im so mad

You said your insurance covered the glass right? If so I would highly suggest getting them involved. Right now you’re one kid who they think they can screw over with little consquence. If the insurance company gets involved suddenly you’re one kid who might cost them a whole lot of referrals from an insurance company.

so you’re sayingi should call my insurance company and tell them what happened and see what they say? and if im lucky, they’ll call the glass place and bitch them out or something?

Man speaks the truth. Once the bottom line is threated, the action starts to happen. Give the insurance company a call.