HUGE thanks to PARK AUTOMOTIVE

sooo i got out of work today and wanted to get my vacuum leak i found the other night taken care of… (was temporarily fixed with duct tape…weak i know)… so i called john (93v8clone on here) to see if he could fit me in for that REAL QUICK… well i get there and john said he had a spare o2 laying around for my car from a job theyd done a lil while back to fix my check engine light as well… we put the new nipple on to fix the vacuum leak, put in the new O2 sensor and the cel IMMEDIATELY went away… so the owner of the place (brian) and i go out to check and make sure everything else is running ok on a little road trip… he gets behind the wheel and we do a quick pull down route 9. the car hit 22 psi and all of a sudden it starts making a LOUD noise right by the turbo… im thinking i blew out another uppipe to turbo gasket (already on #2 since rebuild). we drive it back to the shop and look down and in the gt spec uppipe theres a bung for a EGT probe… i had it plugged with a bolt or something and it blew the bolt right out… so while im realizing we have to wait for it to cool off i asked john to toss it up on the lift and fix the downpipe placement bolt. basically that keeps shit from rattling and squeaking and it was never put back in and was rattling around like a mother fucker giving me plenty of headaches… so he tossed her up, threw a bolt in, lubed all my sway bar links and bushings, set all the tire pressures, and checked for any play on any ball joints , hubs or axles. we couldnt find a bolt thatd thread into the egt bung tho so the other tech there (carmen, the old tech from apg) i had weld up the bung because i dont have an egt gauge and i can always tap it in later if i get one. welded her up and no exhaust leak, no check engine light, no vacuum leak… and holy hell… the car is a screamer now… pulls ALOT harder than she did even yesterday… (oh had to refill my intercooler spray reservoir too.) im not going to say what i was charged for the work… but lets just say i got one HELL of a deal. bigtime props go out to John (you fag), Carmen and Brian for their help today… thats all for now…

ninja edit :ninja: anyone looking to have ANYTHING done, i suggest you PM john on here or get ahold of john n set up an appt. they will treat u right and dont blow any sunshine up your ass. you can always tell a quality shop by the amount of business they get, and they are ALWAYS packed.

John = :gay

Its time to take another stab at that red Evo MR :nod

gimme a week or 2… :nod

works for me… I probably wont be around this week anyway

always nice to know theres ppl in the area that will go that extra mile for you, just because.
i am jealous of the sti models because they come with water spray, i mean sure that adds a whopping 0.3hp, but its awesome that it comes with it stock, its a tasty feature

its just there to cool down the intercooler after some flogging… which with how shes been running lately (awesome) ive been using alot of water spray :banana

the SS will do travis’s dirty work against the MR this weekend.

thanks trav it was nuttin just glad your happy with the car it runs a hell of a lot better now all we gotta do is find out bout the other sti parts and get a clutch in it and shell be good now that its runnin on the 750 dollar tune ya bought not in limp mode

:+1 for ignition advance multipliers rather than PPROM… and no rattling from downpipe FTW… john let me know about the other STi situation… :nod

as soon as i know you will

thats what i like to hear. :mwahaha

duct tape, nut plugging egt bung… wtf dude! you have a nice car, try and keep it that way. ghettofication to the max :lol

Next time get an egt probe and put it in the egt bung, they are not that expensive.

Glad to hear its running better though. Rematch with the SS?

all evos have this feature too

every once in a while ya just gotta make due…now instead of making due… im making more power. :banana

you “make due” in a honda… cuz they are pieces of shit… not a 3 year old STi

:crackup

I am sure it does more than that.

Also, did you clear the CEL? If so, you need to wait perhaps for a drive cycle to see if it goes away completely. Glad it worked out for you

I miss APG. They tried to convince me I needed dual BOV because my car had two turbos. :nono

mine has twin DV’s, seems to work out just fine

That’s fine but the 3/S has 1. So, telling me I need to buy two and install two isn’t correct.

if it comes with just the one, its enough.

That’s not true:( Only the 03/04 Evo’s had the water spray for the I/C. 05/06 did not have it…they came with the 10.5 hotside though :banana Your tiny 9.8 gets a big thumbs down :headbang