Hummer is dead

GM used to rear steer with trucks in quadrasteer and the CT6 currently has it, but this appears to have further articulation and applications.

Yea so did the VR-4s. I wonder if they could change toe on the fly for enhanced stability…or drift mode.

Most higher end bmw 7 and 8 series have rear steer with electric roll bars.

I wonder how this will effect tire design

There really shouldn’t be any difference in tire design to allow for this as all 4 tires on passenger cars are ‘steer’ tires. When you get into heavy trucks there are steer tires and drive tires which have different designs and shouldn’t be interchanged. (per a friend)

Reveal tonight 8pm. Or when someone leaks early.

Leaked

1 Like

Just as I was reading this there was an ad for the truck on the news. :+1:

The pack can provide an estimated 350 miles or more of range.
Not only that, but it supports 800-volt fast charging up to 350 kW. That’s comparable to Porsche’s charging system, and GMC says it can add an extra 100 miles of range in just 10 minutes.

The Hummer EV rides on fully independent suspension with adaptive air shocks. They can provide continuous damping adjustments for comfort, and have a height adjustment range of 6 inches. When set in its max-height off-road mode, it has two additional inches of ground clearance. The Edition 1 model also comes with standard 35-inch mud terrain tires, and combined with the suspension, the Hummer EV has a fording depth of 2 feet and the capability to climb over an 18-inch vertical obstacle.

Owners will be able to easily add more clearance since GMC made the wheel arches large enough to accommodate [aftermarket] 37-inch tires. Additional off-road goodies include skid plates along the chassis, rock sliders, the previously covered four-wheel steering with Crab Mode diagonal driving, and 18 camera views including angles under the truck for getting over rocks. Those cameras feature sprayers, too to keep them clean. Detailed information on torque output, torque vectoring, tire pressure, vehicle angles and more are also displayed on the infotainment screen.

Speaking of that infotainment screen, it’s a massive 13.4 inches and is paired with a 12.3-inch instrument display. They feature proudly in a squared-off, rugged-looking interior. The Hummer EV will get the latest version of [Super Cruise], complete with automatic lane-changing. The Edition 1 gets the removable roof panels as standard, and those roof panels are clear, so you can still get some sun with them in place. Those panels are all stowable in the front cargo area.

Damn 3 Seconds 0-60

Jesus Christ

It would be something being neck & neck next to a Hummer while I’m on my R1

I’ll show more interest in EV when they can get charging to be close to or as quick as I can put fuel in my car. My personal feeling about them.

Still looks like a pretty nice vehicle. Just need these manufactures to start producing cheaper vehicles. Prices of vehicles are continuously growing like the price for tuition.

I would agree with that statement for long trips, but 90%+ of the time you will never need to stop and fuel. You will just plug in at night or at work, but not waiting at the “pump”.

I agree, but I also know there will be nights I will completely forget to charge my car and when time is not there to charge to make it to my location, then what.
Again, my own personal feeling about when I’ll look into buying one. Till then, they just aren’t for my life style.

Don’t get me wrong. Definitely great to see the direction they’ve been heading over the years as they continue to get better and better. And the performance is amazing in some of these. I just wont be picking one up anytime soon.

I’m still reading, but from what I can tell this is pretty sweet.

That price though :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly I would expect it to be more. That’s a lot of vehicle, and navigators/Escalades are pushing $100k these days…

True, but I think I need to see the size of it in person. I keep picturing this as the same size as a light truck. If it’s similar to a full size then that’s more like it.

Man, is it just me getting old or are all the exciting new vehicles in the off road truck segment?

Just in time for the Civil War! What better way to cross land than in a huge ass electric vehicle?

Base price looks to be in the 80k range from what I was seeing. I mean still high but a little better than the 100k version with all the bells and whistles.

How does this pass regulations with a screen that damn large? lol We have to worry about hanging a christmas tree from our window and getting a ticket/talked to because of obstruction of view. But with a small windshield like that and having a massive screen blocking about half or more of that middle area, this is okay? haha

As someone who has only worked in automotive manufacturing, I would not buy the first year of anything in most situations. The following years they usually just fix or change whatever people complained about.

If that screen is truly a hindrance while driving, it will be moved or made smaller by the following production years. I make changes occasionally based on field and testing data.

Then again they may just say fuck it cause it wouldn’t be the first time a company didn’t listen to their customers and just let a vehicle (or any product) completely fucking fail.

edit fer speling

1 Like