Hummer is dead

My M235i is a 1st gen and I have no real complaints yet. Only thing is the lack of aftermarket parts.

I still find it absolutely hilarious that GM came out with commercials in the early 2000’s bashing Ford for making the “Man Step” and here we are today with the GMC pickups and now this having the “Man Step” lol
It’s smart but just funny to see after trying to bash the competition about it.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/gm-patents-man-step-after-criticizing-ford-for-selling-one/

LOL. I use my manstep on the multipro all the time. Its also handy to put down the top half when grabbing heavy items off the bed.

No question that it is a very useful tool. I think it was GM’s way of being jealous they didn’t come up with the idea and had to try and sound “manly” to not have one. But here we are 10+ years later and they have the man step. And obviously what looks to be a better version. But props to Ford for the invention.

SUV sighting

They also announced accelerated release for the Lyriq and development of other electric vehicles. Lyriq will be available in just over a year from now.

Ford is supposed to have the electric F150 soon, Dodge doing something similar. Add California pushing to choke off I.C.E. in the state and it looks like everyone is trying to mature their platforms ASAP.

I can’t wait to LOL at Cali when their rolling brown outs get worse and the cost of electricity sky rockets.

2 Likes

Or when you desperately need to charge your car because a fire started not far from your location but because of said fire and high winds, they cut all the power to the neighborhoods so you no longer can charge your car to escape. lol This is going to be interesting to see in 10 years from now.

2 Likes

“The vehicle will start production around this time next year, nine months ahead of schedule, thanks to advances in virtual technology.”

Working with the program I am excited to see this on the road sooner.

1 Like

Damn that was fast.

Waiting to hear they are behind because of the current situation with chips and other parts.

My wife is pissed that AWD wont be available at launch. Hopefully the stability control is completely defeatable…

Land Rover has to slow production because of this. I’m sure others are in a similar position.

2 Likes

Pretty awesome IMO. Not enough range for me personally, but still awesome.

1 Like

I love that it weighs 9k lbs

What is your number?