Hummer is dead

Yeah I am sure they will have some pitch. Similar to the JL from the JK.

Tops come off. Now with enough time and wrenching I am sure the doors could as well.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s true with any car.

True. I just miss my Jeep.

So is this going to compete with the Wrangler and Bronco? Maybe?

If your comment from earlier on price holds then no…
Plus the size seems to be different segments based on autoblog story.

I think it will compete against the defender as well. I think all four cross over price points so it will be a question of size and styling.

So Cadillac just announced the Lyriq… who wants to bet this is the same platform as the new Hummer?

:face_vomiting:
I watched this reveal live last night and what a dissapointment. The questions were all softball and all of the tech will be out dated by the time this hits the road in almost three years.
I hope land rover makes an electric defender…

I will take the bet

https://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/lyriq#:~:text=The%20Lyriq%20has%20been%20designed,2022%20as%20a%202023%20model.
The Lyriq should be on sale sometime in late 2022 as a 2023 model.
So 2yrs from now not 3?

Yep my mistake. Still too far out IMO.

Yeah WTF 2 years away for the Caddy? I totally missed that.

I loved the presentation! Afterwards I immediately took a bunch of money out of my checking account and transffered it to my brokerage to buy more Tesla stock.

1 Like

I had the same thought when watching that.
Its amazing how far ahead tesla is.

Steve Carlisle, president of General Motors North America, confirmed that the Cadillac Lyriq will start at less than $60,000.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/12/cadillac-lyriq-electric-car-price/#:~:text=Steve%20Carlisle%2C%20president%20of%20General,in%20the%20same%20price%20zone.

1 Like

Oct 20th reveal and crab mode video shown. Good amount of rear steer.

I like this feature, wonder if it will be utilized at speed like how some sports cars have. IE opposing at low speeds and in tandem at high speeds.

My Z had this back in the day, but it could have been considered more of a pre-computer controled stability system than a performance enhancing system. Now we have all sorts of sensors and processors to accomplish the same without rear steering. But combining rear steer with modern computer control could be interesting.