Hummer is dead

@EvoMR !!!

I hate how they are using gear multiplication for their torque number. Like who cares. A duramax can output over 20k in first gear.

I can output 50K after that brisket I had last week

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

I dont even care about the 1 million torques marketing BS, I’m glad GM finally stepped up its game. I hope the new cadillac EV heads in the same direction, over the top power and styling.

I just realized that they’re making it a GMC not reviving the entire brand… Which is slightly less cool IMO.

I’m still interested to see what comes of this. And to see if it’ll be H1 or H2 sized, or just a reskinned Equinox with electric drive.

At first I thought the same, but making it a GMC probably really helps with overhead, and maybe more affordable. F this thing if it costs 100k

Oh it’ll be $100k for sure. The brand name alone put it’s there and the H2 was $70k.

If LeBron James is really in the commercial, I’m betting it’s a larger SUV rather than a smaller one.

2009 H2 and Escalade had roughly the same starting MSRP. Not sure why anyone would think this would be a bargain. Not to mention the difference in costs for the powertrain.

Tesla will shortly announce their bigger and better version, The Tesla Model HR, aka the Hummer Raper. It will come standard with 2 billion ft lbs of torque at half the price. With standard self drive mode, it will enable all bros to get laid in the back of it’s massive passenger cabin while a hologram projector comes standard above the driver’s seat, projecting an image to make it appear as if the owner is driving to avoid getting pulled over.

Options include Mary Bara tear dispenser and speed racer pogo power to enable jumping over large traffic jams of up to 50 yards.

Hummer Superbowl commercial was just on… it was LeBron and a black screen, dunking a ball, then just text that said Hummer. Not even a image of the truck. WTF.

“It will be revealed May 20 at an event, possibly in Las Vegas. The truck will be available in fall 2021.”

Based on that I assumed we would not see much

I’m not thinking bargain, but certainly closer to the 70-80k range as opposed to 100k+. Gross margins on teslas are more than double that of standard cars due to fewer moving parts. Look at how aggressive GM was with C8 pricing.

A similar thing goes on with R&D. Tesla allocates 100% of its R&D cost into… the R&D line, which is overhead expense. Most other automakers don’t do that. For example, at least until very recently, Porsche allocated 50% of its R&D into COGS and the other 50% into overhead. That has a huge impact on the gross margin line, compared to Tesla.

And if I recall correctly, General Motors allocates a whopping 100% of its R&D into COGS.

If this render is close then :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

This one looks better?

If it looks like that who do I send my deposit to? Black w white roof please.

Yeah now we’re getting somewhere

The first one was just lazy.

Being electric and having to try and get the best distance out of the battery leads me to believe the windshield wont be flat like the second render.

I think when the front end is as flat and big as a barn keeping the windshield upright isn’t that big a deal. I hope they keep the “hummer” look.

1 Like