Husqvarna SMR Needs some work.

So I am pretty sure I need a Starter clutch replacement, a valve adjustment/check, and just had a chatter in 6th gear that scared the hell out of me. Bike runs, idles,1-5, shifts fine but was on 787 and went into 6th to “pass” and it made a horrible (I may be exaggerating) chatter. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to my bike care and will cease and desist all riding when it even feels like something is wrong. I’m looking for ideas of what it may be. A knowledgeable dirtbike mechanic with exp. in Cagiva/Ducati Crankcases and hopefully a relationship (for service not sex) with a decent person as I’d like to get to know one mech. who loves the work he/she’s doing and not just the pay. This is a 07 Husqvarna SMR 510, like I said Cagiva make and parts that has been meticulously cared for, oil changed every 500mi to the mile with Motorex, JD jetted and K&N filters, plugs throughout. Clean and kept that way. Maybe a deal as I am going to be doing a lot of upgrades this winter, i.e. rekluse clutch, finger rear brake, wheelie bar, electrical work for headlamps and mounts, possible Akrapovic exhaust… etc and would like to have one person do all the work. Any ideas and opportunities are welcome.

Where’d you get this 07 SMR 510 from, breh?

Sold mine b/c of the race motor’s maintenance. Ain’t nobody got time for dat.

Bought it from a Marine Officer who’s 16yr old son had eyes on riding it. 1500 miles and spotless records and maintenance. I don’t mind the maintenance because race-engine.

i sold mine (to you) because of expensive tickets while riding it. haha

i miss that thing.

Those SMR’s are so sweet! Rode Alpine’s a few years back and had a blast.

Hey man
Nice bike…but i dont have the knowledge in them to do what you’re looking for. I’ll see what I can find

DC