Hybid Sedan people, come in here.

Ok, the company i work for wants to buy a hybrid sedan that one our clients will primarily use, but we get a certain “cost-per-mile”. While we know the client is going to capitalize on the great MPG’s, my ultimate question is, What hybrid sedan is most reliable in terms of repairs, etc over the long run (8-10 years?)

If any of you green people care to share your input, and it is greatly appreciated…

TDI… ok so its not a hybrid… but I went threw this for my work car… after doing research it seemed to get me no where… the problem is hybrids are too new… but the only one ive seen hold up and as these will be company cars you wil probably be using Auto would be the pruis… is stick is an option then civic. but thats what your stuck with…

I personally have 260k on my TDI and most ive seen get that far even if abused… (as long as there maintained.) Ive only seen a few prius’s get that far… and usually after a costly repair or 2

and I get around 40-45mpg city (although I did do a 5th gear swap) get about 700-750 per tank

tell them save there money and get 4 ef hatches :gotme:… i really dont see the saveings on the “hybid” cars just b/c there are so much for what 15-25 more mpg over a sub 2k ef/eg honda

I understand, but the car will be used in a corporate scenario, rather than just a car that happens to get good gas mileage. They use Lincoln Town Cars now, so we wanted to stay somewhat luxury, but maintain reliability through the years, because the sedans now get around 90k/year put on them.

maybe they don’t want to drive a 20 year old piece of shit. :gotme:

not the malibu or aura both are mild hybrids and barely see an increase in MPG’s, but both have very small surcharges for the technology

Here are a couple hybrid sedans:
Civic 40 city/45 hwy $22,600
Camry 33 city/34 hwy $25,860
Altima 35 city/33 hwy $26,140

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/Hybrid.aspx

or
LS 600h
V8 438 HP AWD City 20 Hwy 22
$104,765.00

Hybrid sedans haven’t been around long enough to get a 10-year rep, you can only guesstimate. Prius has that ecoweenie hipness, but probably to spartan for what they want. Toyota and Honda both have hybrid midsize cars, GM has a full size Yukon, and Ford has the midsize Escape, start there.

Or tell them to use mass transit. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you must go Hybrid go w/ the Camry IMO. That 4cyl motor runs forever with next to no problems and when I was working as a Tech at a Toyota dealer I never saw problems with them. Obviously they’re still newer so I would hope there wouldn’t be too many problems but just telling you what I experienced.

What about Bio-diesel?

They should have enough fuel there…:shrug:

My company has been using Civic Hybird’s for 4 years (i think they were 04’s) with almost no issues. A few had minor new car type issues (needed to be re-flashed etc…) all covered under waranty. The 07 i’m driving is a nice car. Before the Hybrid’s we were using nat. gas civic’s. they were also ok but the range was too short.

I’m not a hybrid sedan person.

If I were, it’d be in a camry. Because it is a camry… about as luxo as a town car, and prolly as reliable as any other Yota.

cng’s are a pain in the ass.

what about the new civic 4dr hybrid?

The pain was on a cold day you’d fill up and get maybe 125-150 miles out of it. Then finding a place to fill up is a whole nother story. My hybrid get around 400 miles to the tank, much nicer.

Wait for the new TDI Jetta. 10-15mpg more than the last, classy looking, and no F%$KING hybrid battery issues. Plus no flexible gas bladders to mess with your mileage estimates. And 400k miles or more on a TDI is not a big deal, ideal for company cars. They’ll never ever break down on the way to or from a client. My AAA tow truck guys said they tow maybe 2-3 a year.

Plus 5 heated seat settings = winz in WNY.

I’m gonna have to agree. TDi FTW. Reliable and not only better millage, but better emissions as well. Hybrids are a joke compared to TDi’s

I vote altima it just looks better than camry to me… i think the Altima comes with a 10yr warranty, and i do know that the altima comes with a timing chain and double tipped iridium spark plugs and your first major tune-up isnt required till 105k!

accord hybrids are pretty nice