Hypocrisy in Hollywood on Piracy

It’s funny that they state their lost sales due to piracy as if if there was no piracy all those people would actually buy the product. :ponder

You really don’t think more people would buy a product if that was the only way to get it? And your example of Hollywood piracy is independent movie makers moving to Hollywood over 100 years ago?

Not my example, I’m not the one who made it. But the point of the graphic is that they started on “pirating” technology to begin with.

And more people buying stuff is not the same as them counting every person who pirates as a lost customer. Skewed stats are useless whether they are skewed a lot or a little.

This is true, I’m kind of shocked anyone pirates movies or music anymore!
Music is REAL bad now, and Movies seem to be on dvd by the time the trailer is finished playing on youtube.
To download the crap they pass of as entertainment today is a waste of bandwidth and HD space!

Anyone that steals a movie or program wouldn’t pay to get it anyway.

Not true. I used to steal all of my music. Now I download it all because that is the only way (other than torrents) to get high quality files.

I have bought numerous programs that I initially ‘stole’. Why? Because I wanted a nice, legitimate way of keeping them up to date.

For example, I use CyberLink PowerDirector to make the slideshows that I throw in for customers who have me photograph their weddings. Or for church events. I paid $100 for that. Or the $50 I spent on a program called AllwaySync which syncs my PC to my NAS device.

If it’s useful for me, and priced accordingly, I will usually buy it. Adobe CS5.5 though, is ridiculous. It’s like $4k or something. GTFO. That I will pirate till I’m blue in the face.

And movies…I actually prefer to have them on my hard drive as that is my media ‘player’. I will soon be upgrading to a dedicated HTPC and using that to stream to the TV. Therefore, it’s much easier to just download a 1.3GB file (720p BDRip) than it is to rip a full DVD to my drive every time.

Not saying I’m justified in my ways, but in my opinion…I spend my fare share on supporting their industry including going to movies, DLC stuff on XBox, etc.

lol at this guy trying to threaten politicians to do what he wants on that last qoute. corrupt piece of shit.