hyundais any good?

I thought I would ask this ? towards you for an educated opinion.

I currently have a 98 integra but I am thinking about getting a newer car. I love having a hatchback, but I don’t like the options that are out now. I was thinking of getting a mazda 6 hatch, but a tiberon has caught my eye. I hear hyundai are shitty vehicles. What do you guys think?

i would like to get 1 for a dd with that 10 year waarntie cant be that bad

car doesnt have a 10 year warranty for a reason.

in one of the more recent consumer reports test. Problems per 100 vehicles, I believe Hyuandai ranked in around 140’ish

as far as i know, hyundai is getting rave reviews for their paint process, it is supposedly way above the other car makers (look in past SEMA mags). Mechanically, they are easy to work on, comparable to late 90’s hondas. Quality has come a long way opposed to their early cars. We dont get many calls on newer hyundai parts–which means they are not breaking yet. However, we can’t keep newer hyundai sheetmetal/inner structure/ front end assemblies and rear/quarter cuts in stock, which is a good thing i guess as insurance companies are rebuilding them. Usually, insurance companies wont rebuild a car if it is a “cheap” or “throw away” car.

sonata’s or how ever you spell it are pimp! my friend’s mom has one and its got every option, and the his and her shifter hehe, and the v6 ones run goood

they aren’t to bad. for the money you can’t beat it. that and it would be nice to know that you have 10 years all under warranty

oneslowbowties parents bought a Sonata it looks :cool:

I work at Washington Hyundia Honda Toyota. The paint on Hyundias are very ruff and have many flaws. When we bring them off the truck the have really bad lifter tick. They do some really werid things. The windows always fall off track and the interior is very cheap. I would never buy one! Plus when you buy a hyundia for 19,000 (just and example) when you trade it in in 2 years its only worth 7,500 or so. Honda and toyotas hold there value. What the car is going to be worth in the end is what you should first think about…Just my .02

my mother just bought one…actually the dealership got it from washington hyundai…it is a weird color called seafoam green but kinda :cool:

but she purchased a 10 yr bumper to bumper plus warrenty

Thanks for the info people :slight_smile:

I havent seen the brand new ones but I loved my buddies 02 or 03 he had… the interior was so simple and it was pretty cool to drive. It doesnt have much room… I would say that teg has alot more cargo/people room then the tibby does. Still a cool car… their not the fastest, but the 4cyls are getting alot of attention from turbo companies… the 6cyl i think has a comptech charger for it… other then that their a cool car… heavy as fuck though. Feel solid as hell. I drove a 6sp GT cyl for a week… wasnt the fastest thing, but it had some get up and go for a SUV motor in a car.

my buddy is saling his tib, i don’t know the price but i can find out if you want to know.