I believe I'm officially a l33t h@x0r.

There’s about a million dollars of my company’s equipment at a paper mill in Uruguay. The paper mill still owes us a balance of a couple hundred thousand. Anticipating them stiffing us, I dialed into the machines a month ago via the remote telecommunications package I designed and they bought for factory troubleshooting. I told them I had to fix a “bug.” :snky: Well I actually rewrote their software to shut down on the first of this month. The machines won’t restart until I tell them right combination of inputs to energize on the PLC. They could try them all I suppose. There are only 14! possible combinations. :lolham:

I just found out that it worked. :headbang: This was the first time this has been implemented in the field. They just tried to start the machines today for the first time this month and they got a nice little warning on the touch screen to the effect of “Fcuk you. Pay me.” :rofl: I’m going to dial in shortly and give them a 30 day extension. This round is the warning shot. :shoot:

Jimbo - 1. Paper Mill - 0.

thats sweet, i wish i wasnt computer stupid

they’re going to ship a 4 y/o strapped with dynamite to your office now :snky:

so do they own the equipment that you damaged?

edit:

AND did you really do this over interstate lines… of wait… over international lines?

That actually is hotness.

hahahah that’s really neat

plc controls are teh fun… HVAC companies do this to thier PLC’s too

haha nice. Im sure they were pissed when they found that out.

:pimp: x 342453245325

I can only presume that in the purchase contract it was stated that the hardware does not become property of the company until the balance is paid in full… otherwise… a true lesson in ethics is needed.

considering that its his companies equipment that they stopped paying for, at the moment, they dont exactly own it …

consider it a repossesion of goods, without actualy removing the goods from the site

it depends if it was a lease, or rental

or pay as you grow

:tup: thats awesome. lol hello reality check for deadbeat papermill.

ladder logic>*Uruguay

Last I checked, you don’t own something until you pay for it. And yes I did update their software to the current version over an international telephone line.

As far as ethics go, I’m not leaving them hanging. They now know that we have the ability to shut down the euipment until they hold good on their end. I am dialing in shortly to give them a 30 day extension to work out the finances without losing their own productivity. I’m not looking to screw anyone. I’m just watching out for the livelyhood of myself and everyone else here who relies on my company’s profitability to provide for their families.

that’s ingenious. :tup: y2k’d in ur-u-guay.

note to self: stay on this guy’s good side…

<3

I was hoping someone on here would have said something about them figuring out the code since there are only “14” combinations. I would have lol’d.