No I'm not dead.

Sorry. And yes I earn my living. I’ve been in a fucking time warp known as the Nyrstar zinc plant in Clarksville Tennessee for the last week or so. I think I worked around 90 hours in the last 7 days.

I replaced the entire control system in a 17 year old oxygen plant there. I got there expecting my new control panel to already be installed and wired, leaving it for me to just swap the old control modules with terminal blocks, work through a couple of wiring issues, and dump my software.

FailPlan.bsod

For $20 grand the contractor did nothing but pull wire. I had to rewire 2 panels and my new panel, work through 17 years of operators of various levels of ability destroying the existing wiring, frozen blowers, blown 4160V fuses, snow, pouring rain, software bugs, useless schematics, wire labels that have long faded away, fucking hard drive on my laptop gave up the ghost, and I watched the superbowl from my hotel bed because I was sick as a dog after working in the cold and rain for days.

But I managed to beat the fucker into submission. The plant is up and running with a brand new hugely improved control system and I’m home. Got in last night. I still feel like shit and have a mountain of work to do so I probably won’t back to full post whoring level until next week.

I’d like to thank 91mr2 and his department for keeping the liquid backup oxygen flowing while I was doing my thing, and tpgsr and company for supplying some of Allen Bradley’s finest wares for my project. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll post pics of the madness later. Camera’s at work. Some pretty cool stuff, if you’re into that sort of thing. For now I’m going to catch up on some school work and go to bed.

stop crying and start banning people. its been quiet around here without you

You do controls for a living?

Ugh. Gross. :frowning:

Are you an electrical engineer? Do you know Mike Lindhurst? I know Praxair is a huge company, but figured I’d ask…

glad to hear you’re alive.

:tup:

Jimmy Fry is the rock star. Nice work, my friend. When do you get your promotion? :wink:

I though no more parody threads

Read: jdmr2’s thread

that was the first thing I thought of

why arent you green?:barf:

Not a mod anymore, son…

lmao why arent you a mod anymore? is rx3 no longer a mod too?

No problem dude, that’s what we do!

Good to have you back!

I stepped down because I didn’t have the time to do the job right as well as having a dwindling interest in cars.

ohhh i thought you got it taken away like zwarbyt

Seriously go back to being busy … you suck now as a moderator.

lets see some pic im into that … did you make a good amt of bank doing this ?? i would be asking for more by the way it sounds

congrats on doing your job. welcome to the real world. :wink: