woo i got rolled over at work!!

so my dad comes in my room this morning waking me up telling me i have a phone call. So i pick up and it turns out to be this girl from the temp service i work for. She told me that Continental wants to roll me over…so now i get better pay, vacation time and sick time. Not a bad situation…considering im only 18 :slight_smile:

so are you still a temp???

nope…i’m no longer a temp…now a continental employee

awesome :slight_smile:

good job buddy

congrats.
now add that to the resume, soak up all the training you can.

they are closing in 2 years.

:tup:

Now go to college.

Free flights?

Or is this not the airline?

I’m guessing tires?

formerly know as motorola…
(I am assumning that is the “continental” in question.)

i hear they are hiring quite a bit since everyone is jumping ship.

i was a temp there when it was moto… and the last time they had a full time person was like 5 years… sounds a lot diff now

yes they are closing in 2 years…i plan on attending college while i still work here…and i’m a wirebonder so if i were to work in another factory it looks good on a resume

Glad to hear you’re going to college. If you were 18 years old and living anywhere in the US, much less Buffalo, and were planning on making a living as a factory worker instead of going to college I’d hunt you down and choke you until you realized that the days of making a living in the US on just a high school education are over. :slight_smile:

But working and going to school at the same time is a good plan. :tup: Congrats!

thanks! and hell no would i want to work in a factory the rest of my life…i hate my job lol…but the pay is awesome so i cant really complain haha

i supervise a bunch of temps all day, it fucking rules

lol I’ll never forget the one time at my old place when we had a bunch of temps helping us move. We kicked one kid out for literally just pushing a cart in circles around a bench trying to make it look like he was doing something. :biglol:

haha nice…now i dont have to take the bullshit that comes with being a temp :slight_smile:

haha lucky! i dont do shit all day, while i watch them work :lol: it rules

haha nice…thats how my bosses are…they walk around, talk to people. one dude walks around with a clipboard to make it look like hes doing something but hes really not haha

LOL that sounds like what i do ALL day, without the clipboard though… sometimes i just go chill outside for like 30 mins at a time