I can't get my stupid starter out!

lol I had an E32, sweet cars but a nightmare sometimes…

Found this guide to replacing the M30 starter, you probably did everything right but it’s worth a shot to look it over and make sure I guess…

Procedure:

1. Disconnect battery terminal
  2. Unbolt starter cables that connect to starter solenoid. Remember to label them, VERY useful.
  3. Unbolt the manifold-to-valve cover bracket. The wires around the back of the manifold will be easier to move around.
  4. Unbolt the heater control valve from its bracket so the coolant hoses are easier to move around.
  5. Unbolt the bottom starter bolt with a regular 17mm wrench. This is the easy part.
  6. Unbolt the top starter bolt by inserting the long 17mm wrench BEHIND the intake manifold and down underneath the manifold to the starter bolt. You can see the top starter bolt by looking in between the intake manifold into the “holes” with a flashlight. The airflow sensor may be in the way, but you CAN see the bolt from the top. Make SURE the wrench is snug on the bolt, and PULL! Be VERY careful NOT to round the edges of the bolt. There isn’t a lot of room to move the wrench back and forth, but it will slowly rotate out. Then, try to put your hand BEHIND the manifold, around the coolant hoses (this is where the removal of the heater valve helps move the hoses around), and unscrew the bolt completely.
  7. Remove the starter, being very careful NOT to hit any wires or hoses on it’s way out. I had to move it along and bring it underneath and up around the top radiator hose.