I can't keep my K&N filter oiled

I am having this odd problem with my K&N air filter on my SHO. every 2-3 days its completely dry. i’ve been around dirt bikes and stuff for a long time and I know that the oil is what catches the dirt. my problem is tha this turbo keeps sucking the oil right off the fucking thing. what the hell am i soposed to do? and before you ask its definately big enough:wiggle:

Use gear oil, 190wt should do it.

switch filter to a foam style HKS one if u have the room. Or make sure the oil is completely set up and dried before reinstalling it.

put your bumper over it so the wind isn’t blowing on it all the time??

yeah i was gonna say that. you’re prob getting a lot more shit flying at it being out in the open like that so the oil is prob being absorbed that fast.

or buy the AEM dry filter

dual layer window screen mesh :wink: the best if you are going to put a bumper back on it you wont have a clearance issure.

<<minisrt4

yea, just use the hihgh performance window screen filter…all the cool kids are doing it

i dont understand why you wouldnt do that anyways

um yea, on the window screen idea… its such a great way to destroy a turbo, fine dust particals WILL destroy the compressor wheel over time

but thats not a prob, turbo’s only worth like $1300 … pocket change …

i can think of 3 people off hte top of my head that have been using this way for multiple years now

o yea, and fine dust particles cant get thru the k-n filter that has no oil :bloated:

Using screen mesh is a terrible idea for a car that is going to be used constantly as a DD. Seriously get that intake pipe done already I want to start the next :gay: project. :stuck_out_tongue:

hence why alex wants to fix that problem. running w/o a filter is the exact opposite of what hes asking :bloated:

meh :bloated:

don’t use an oiled filter on a MAF equipped car, it will get the maf dirty and skew the air fuel ratio.

Get a paper or a foam filter.

sell the car…

I was going to say that. There are people that use screens, but I wouldn’t trust on on one of my engines. The bumper wont clear the filter where it sits now, correct? Is Alex planning on leaving it there or routing some sort of air intake tube to a spot where it won’t hit the bumper? IMO it really needs to be covered by some sort of shroud at least.

kevin you’re a dick lol

Ummm yeah … get a bumper back on that thing … i had the same problem when i ran my stang without a hood … it’s the sunlight that does it

interesting i didn’t think about that.

the pipe is fabbed to relocate the filter i just need some money so I can get the reducer i need to complete the project.

I agree this has happened to me it cause the engine to idle or surge up and down. it sucks

I realize that is a problem that i’m aware of but cheap filter > * on the SHO’s it doesn’t cause a throttle surge it causes the car to hiis a certain rpm then studder, and the longer you drive it the lowr the rpm it studders at. to fix it you clean the element or disconnect the maf (on a NA car) and the car will run great with a the maf disconnected.