I can't keep my K&N filter oiled

Christ man, i can’t beleive your posting this.

When you unplug the maf, the ecu is going back to old fashioned speed density to control the af ratio.

It won’t run great, it will run safe trying not to blow the motor up.

if you have ever had a MAF fail on a cruise or when you are out of town it really leaves you no choice. it wont hurt the engine (again on a NA engine) and the car does run rich but the stock programing is very good so it drives fine and will get you home no problem.

BTW if anyone knows of superbeater then you know that the car is shut off by removing power to the PCM which means the computer is in relearn all the time AND the O2 sensors have never been connected in that car… oh and somehow it made 20 more HP than a healthy SHO on the dyno… i would say teh factory programing is pretty good.

^ your lucky, may car doesnt run AT ALL without a maf. it just shuts right down

The SHO computer is great you can start it with no Y-pipe no O2’s no MAF no seccondary controller no IAC no TPS (it runs like shit with no TPS) and no cam sensor (causes long cranking becasue it randomly fires untill it finds TDC on cylinder 1 so it can start). all it needs is a cranksensor DIS needs to be pluged in and obviously the coil pack has to be plugged in… and yes the engine will start with no intake bolted on. the injectors are in the heads :slight_smile:

geee

Hoow did you find that out?
:smiley:

ask LXTASY, he’ll tell you they’ll try and start with no keys in the ignition and the positive starter wire hanging by the block. :lol:

get that bumper cover back on there, the oil is getting wicked off.

well it started out when i forgot to hook the maf up and it started find… hey i wonder what happens if i…

ask HRK what heppens when you put the maf in backwards :rant: