I found it on the internet

2 Likes

Ok, so this one is a little weird. I ordered a spare tire carrier for my boat trailer on Amazon for $30.44 after tax. A few days later the company sends me a snail mail postcard and says theyā€™ll give me a $50 Amazon gift card if I give them a 5 star review, and an extra $10 if itā€™s a picture or video review. All I have to do is email them at this random gmail address with a screenshot of my review once itā€™s published and my order number.

So the risk seemed pretty trivial. Sure, theyā€™d have my email address but who cares. I already get tons of spam so whatā€™s a little more if thatā€™s their scam angle? The tire carrier is nice, would have given it 5 star anyway, so I snapped a couple pictures and posted my review. Amazon approves it the next day and I sent off the email Friday night. Sunday I get an email back with two $30 gift card codes and holy fuck they actually worked and loaded $60 onto my Amazon gift card balance.

EDIT: And yes, I know this is 100% against Amazonā€™s terms for their reviews and the company can get in trouble. Donā€™t care, got $60. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I bet Iā€™ve watched at least 20 of this guyā€™s videos now. Definitely earned a sub because I learn something and Iā€™m entertained every time. Iā€™m also ordering the ā€œItā€™s never a war crime the first timeā€ t-shirt. :joy:

Another one of my favorites:

2 Likes

Thank you for turning me on to this channel, will be binging.

1 Like

I knew they were good when Iā€™d be watching one while my wife was reading her Kindle at the kitchen island and Iā€™d hear her laugh because she was getting into the video. Dude has such good delivery.

Learned a ton of stuff I didnā€™t know about the Korean War on this one. Also, the line, ā€œThe Marines had just communicated with just their eyes that they were going to have to kill this guy and dispose of the bodyā€ was great storytelling.

Iā€™ve been asked to do this for at least a couple dozen products and never have. Iā€™m going to start

I canā€™t forget to post this gemā€¦

1 Like

The company contacted me again and put me in their product tester group. Itā€™s a private facebook group where every week or so they post a few new products. If you see something you want to try you send them a PM and they pre-pay you (via paypal) and then you order it from Amazon. Pretty much the same thing, provide your order number and a screenshot of your review. This time though they did say they just wanted honest reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJPZ1F1G?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I tested that sand anchor when we went out on the boat last night. Took a couple pictures and submitted a review that Amazon should approve today or tomorrow, at which point Iā€™ll close out my test by sending them a screenshot of the live review. Funniest part was when they sent me the money it was still $49.99 and they sent me $50.43 for some reason (maybe miscalculated my sales tax?). But by the time I ordered it the price had dropped to $39.99 so even after tax I ended up with the anchor for free plus $7.

1 Like

They should have waited for their parents to buy them the supercharged cobalts.

lol

1 Like

I just got quote for some shit at work and I canā€™t believe the price diff from two years ago, but 700 million in nets, Iā€™m too lazy to verify the source but if true jesus christ

I bet the biggest chunk is labor.

I have a plant going in San Jose and the customer is a year behind.

Such a pain to get anything done anywhere near that town.

2 Likes

SHE???

3 Likes

Damn, and the crowd goes wild

3 Likes
1 Like

me every day

This is where we need to go back to!