I got offered a trade for my car (poll)

my 328IC (90k miles) for a 2001 M3 silver w/ black leather vert 6spd (105k miles) + $7000 on my end.

I said no, I would only be interested plus $5k.

doubt it. seems like the guy is trying to get out from under some sort of headache with the m3.

Meh… my M3 is still giong strong at 109k miles…

7k is a lot, but i dont see why somebody would want to downgrade to a 323I… just seems weird…

Did you search his forum posts to see whats wrong with the car?

for 7k you could drop a S54 or LSX into your Vert… which seems like it would be more fun

Seems like 7K is too much…

I like your vert a ton. But I also like the E46… I agree with viper that 7k into yours would net a cooler car. However from a financial standpoint it would also net a greater loss when you sell it someday.

^

sounds like the best explanation for this for sure

corrrect me if i am wrong but that puts your vert at about $12k - $14k no? I’m not up to speed on the resale of E46 M3’s these days.

That seems like a fair valuation to be honest… the rest is preference.

Your vert IS pretty cool, looks hawt, but needs more fastiness.

this post makes me realise how good a time watkin’s was last year

Not worth it for a 01 Silver/Black with 90k miles, that s a 16K car

why would you even consider this… e46 m3’s can be had for well under 20 now… so take your already presumably proven reliable 328 which probably wont depreciate much lower than its already at… (assuming you take care of it) for a car thats going to cost a ton if and when it breaks… or when it needs maintenance etc etc… and it has higher miles…

yes… its faster… yes it looks better, but its not a vert and it could be a ton more headaches… pass…

ps i didnt think an e36 vert would sell for anywhere over 10k…

out of curiosity, what do you guys think my car is worth? just throw some numbers out, I’m curious.

$8-10k

Wait- I thought the e46 was a vert too.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the e36 your DD year round? You want to pay for another hard top & winter tires again?

Your car would get like 6.5 -7g if you privately sold it.

in my opinion… with NOO basis… a stock e36 328i… to me would be worth a max of 10k to me…and thats Pristine, low miles… because at best its still over 11 years old…

your hardtop is a nice feature…

again, im not up to date on my e36 pricing… just comparing what an e92 vs e46 go for… and going from there.

You’re car is nice though… i think youd be upset if you traded it for a nightmare.

alright, so you guys are right on what I expect my car is worth…

what do you think a $100k E36M3 vert is worth?, my research shows there are not many under $20k

Where are you getting your numbers from? I assume you made a typo above…

e46 verts can be had for less than 20…

ie http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-M3-Convertible-02-M3-SMG-19-Wheels-Parking-Sensors-Clean-WOW_W0QQitemZ190388713938QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c540d39d2

and e36 m3’s are all over for 10k… (my guess is not as pristine as yours looks, but thats why id say yours is worth 10k with the top)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-BUY-IT-NOW-99-M3-CONVERTIBLE-17-WHEELS-HTD-SEATS-CRUISE-CALIF-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceeaaef7fQQitemZ330421694335QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-1998-BMW-M3-with-DINAN-PARTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b0bd9db9QQitemZ170468941241QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

I skimmed autotrader with a 300 mile search… looks like autotrader prices might have been high.

:bloated:

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

On topic: Stick wif what you got.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

On topic: Stick wif what you got.

I have a love / hate relationship with my E36… I’d like to sell before it’s worth 3-4, but I’m also in no hurry and very happy with it.

Probably around $100K. :wink:

In all seriousness, there’s something wrong with that M. I’d stick with what you know.