i have no heat

i changed the thermonstat and yes its in the right way we flushed the system from the top of the rad then throught the heating hoses but now the heating hoses dont even get hot and there is no hot air at all what other problem are there the rad gets hot same with the top and bottom rad hoses but the heating hose dont get hot what is wrong please help me

Air in the system is your culprut. You have to bleed the syste, like 5 or 6 times to get everything out. The FSM will show you how to bleed the system properly.

so there is just air in there thats it so i just use a hose and pump water through it for like 10 min or what if fsm is the service manual i dont have it where do i conect the water hose to and where should i let it out

i have the same problem with my s14 except i havent done any work to it yet

Open the the bleeding bolt (located by the top rad hose on the block), fill the the radiator. Start the car and let it run for 5 or 10 min. Let the car cool off and open the bolt and fill the rad again. Repeat this 5 or 6 times till you cant fill the rad anymore.

ya we did that i thing what happend was the water pump went and we didnt know that at the time then my dad flushed the heater core system with hot water then we left it over night with water left in the heater core and since the water pump didnt work no anti freeze got in to the heater core so i froze over night so we are trying to un freeze it we think this is what happened because the water goes in to the core hot and fast and comes out ice cold and slow any suggestion on what i should do should it get a new core or boil the old on of just try to slowly melt the ice away

get a hair dryer or interior car warmer and aim it under the glovebox. u can reach the heater core from there, well that’s if it’s the same as a RHD.

i had to replace a core in my nova before how hard is it to get out get at and take out and replace

If your talking about a 240, your can bet your pulling the dash right out. Most cars you have to pull the dash out. I just replaced mine but it was easier for me because my dash was already out. But anyways, once you’ve done that, you have to pull that box apart that is right beside the blower motor and the heater core is inside. WATCH HOW IT GOES TOGETHER BEFORE YOU TAKE IT APART! There is a big door in there with quite a few linkages and rods to direct the air according to the position you have it on the acual climate control panel so put it together wrong, and you’ll have air blowing out of all the wrong places. Took me about 1.5 hours in and out.

fuck it is to cold for this bull shit i just bought this car too