I just wanna say

that IP addresses confuse the shit outta me!

I’ve been trying to fix this crap since 8am now and I cant get my laptop to connect to the interweb, But as ya can plainly see. My Desktop does. Hmm, Pull out the cord, Plug it into the laptop and POW! No connection

Try this

(assuming it’s XP)

start

run

type in “cmd”

ok

black box pops up

type in “ipconfig /release”

enter

type in “ipconfig /renew”

If that doesn’t work.

Type in “ipconfig /all”

and type us your IP address.

Hopefully it’s not 169.254.xsx.xxx

actually all you reed to do is unplug the cable modem it only works with one MAC address

are you at home or at work? if ur at home on a cable modem then the modem needs a reboot to change the mac like zwarbyt said… if ur at work… contact the net/sys admin to do their thing

wireless?

ISP?

do this on the desktop or laptop?

its a wireless router “linksys WRT54G V3”, but i have all three computers hardwired and only the one connects to the internet

Thats probably because only one is getting a valid ip. reset modem wait for it go get sync then router then computers you should be good to go.

Nope did that like 20 times already, that and reset my Ethernet cards Also.

might wanna… gasp

fuck, i hate to say it even.

call linksys. prepare for a good time with outsourced tech support :tspry:

1-800-326-7114

being hardwired, it shouldn’t be nearly as hard to figure out than if it were wireless.

Lmao, NO WAY IN HELL Am I calling them freaks! I’ve learned it’s better to do it yourself that try to understand them

is your lappie telling you that you’ve got no network connection? or is like an application like internet explorer or mozilla? sounds almost like a proxy issue if you’re experiencing this issue when you’ve launch a browser.

nysff… on your laptop while it is connected to the router… go on it and go to
start->run
type cmd in the window hit enter
dos prompt starts (black window)
in the black window … type ipconfig
your IP should be a 192.168.X.X number while on ur wireless linksys router… if its not a 192.168.X.X number then type it in here

for $30, i’ll come over tomorrow after work and fix it all for you. It’ll take me 10 minutes.

i would sooooo take advantage of his offer before calling linksys, haha :tup:

tcp/ip might need to be rebuilt or have winsock fixed

192.168.1.1!

Now heres a Real ball buster, Now I cant even access my Linksys Setup page when i put that IP in! FUCK THIS

Anyone want some computers>? They will be Laying on Walden ave in Peices! lol

hey msg me on AIM if you want… i can see if i can help you better… im off from class all day and bored