home network problem

I have 3 computers set-up on a LinkSys Network…i came home from a family party on christmas and my internet hasnt been working on the one computer since then, but on the other 2… its saying there is Limited or No Connectivity…anybody got ideas to wats wrong/how to fix this?? help appreciated…i am clueless

check their IPs to make sure they are not conflicting. . .

Right click on the connection where the intraweb comes through

Properties

and in there should be a place where all the IPs and DNSs and crap are.

they should be like 168.192.1.1XX

make sure each one is like 100, 101, 102 . . .

wat if the IP address is different?

From what I can remember from messing around on our small home network awhile back, all the IPs were pretty much the same except for the last set of number, which had to be different from one another. Try setting them up so that they all are with something like 101, 102, 013. or whatever series your router would use

if its wireless, u might want to check for interferring channel, and all the other settings to see if thats effecting it…encyrption and crap

The Linksys router should be handing out 192.168.x.x IP Addresses. If Windows is saying “Limited or no Connectivity” then you are not getting an IP from the DHCP server inside the router (which would then give you a 169.x.x.x IP). Anywho, there should be a reset button somewhere on the router. With the router powered on, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then release. After this, reboot your computers and they should pickup the IP.

I would start from the basics, are any of them even able to get online at all?

If not reset your cable modem, then your router once the lighs come back on the modem. After that 1-800-linksys im not shitting you that is the number give haji a call make him earn his 67 cents a day.

word to the above… and reset your router… also did you get a new wireless phone for your house for xmas?

that is what the one that isnt working shows and i manually configured them, and it connected to my network, but the internet still didnt work