need help with router

ok my parents just bought a desktop computer with a wireless card, get everything plugged in and turned the pc on… it’ll connect to my router (shows my network name) and it says the signal strength is good to very good…yet then it tells me that there is “limited or no connectivity”. how do i go about getting around this?

with certain new wireless routers you have to enable the wireless feature on the router with either a disc that came with it or going into the router

sorry i guess i shoulda worded that different…the router is the same one i’ve been using for about 2 yrs now… the desktop with the network card is the “new” addition to the equation

I think…

you need to add more DHCP leases

I think I remember limiting it to just 2 (your laptop and your bros)

you might want to add one more

how do i do that? :stuck_out_tongue: is it easy enough to explain on here?

ya know what tho howie, i just realised…it shouldn’t matter cause my bro is in georgia for school now so his computer isn’t sharing it anymore

oh, ok nevermind.

first of all see if your parents computer is trying to connect to the right network

yea its coming up 93pgt

For the love of God, I’m not helping you with this anymore, I’m going to sleep

someone else help jay

please…

:lol: its ok howie i bothered you enough with my other one before

i’m gonna have andy come check it out later this week

did u simply try to release/renew ur ip address? Make sure that ur tcp/ip settings are set to automatically detect settings. Then reset the router and restart ur pc and release/renew ur ip. If you dont know what that means, then just hit the repair button in the properties window.

I think we setup some form of security on the router originally, either MAC filtering for WEP encryption. I’ve already talked to Jay about it, and as he said, I’m gonna check it out later this week.