computer guys, need help asap!!

alright heres my dilemma, my laptop is about 1 1/2 years old, wireless card is already fried on it causing me to run a hardwire all the time. now thats not even working.

i just sat on the phone with wildblue (my shitty satellite internet) for almost 2 hours trying to fix the problem. they reset my modem/laptop/mozilla settings.

now all i get under my local connection is “limited or no connectivity”. wtf does that mean and how do i fix it? every other computer in my house works fine except this one, and its the one i need for school. ahhhhhh i need this fixed asap, my math homework is already late…

is it setup as a static IP? try this command also NETSH WINSOCK RESET
you could always just buy a PCMCIA wireless adapter or usb wireless

yeah i plan on buying a new wireless card, im going to need a new battery too. i think i found one of the problems, under the tci/ip settings, vlan control was enabled, i disabled ad it went away. it says my computer is receiving packets, but no internet still.

have you tried “repairing the connection” through that dialog?

also can try under the command prompt

Ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

can you connect to the router? (192.168.1.1) maybe try another hardline on the router?

yes i tried repairing it, i went through compaqs repair and it tried pinging off the the ip address and it timed out. said 4 packets sent, 0 received, 4 lost.

its connecting to the router, it just seems like theres something blocking it from recieving internet.

i turned the firewall off thinking that might have been it, no luck. i have no idea what itcoul be.

Are you running the cards software or using windows wireless manager? Sometimes the card’s software will conflict w/windows.

nope it was an integrated card that just stopped working.

Try deleting the network device via device manager, restart and reinstall.

are you using the latest drivers?

should be the latest ones. It was working fine last week, then just didn’t.

Ok so I just tried pinging my ip address and it didn’t work. Anybody else that can help me?

limited connection usually means that the encryption code that you have entered in is wrong.

Switch it to windows management if you aren’t already using that, and delete the access point from the automatic connect list.

Let it search for access points, and re enter the wep key or whatever to the network.

If you are using an old ass wifi card, some of them have trouble with WPA, so you might want to start with no encryption at first just to get it going, then turn on wep, if that works try wpa…

Also update the driver for the card…