I know its not nissan but......

There is a toyota lover among us (remaining nameless,for now)who is wanting to by a 7mgte and i was wondering what you guys think,should he get a 1jz instead?

Obviously the 1JZ is a better engine. Its newer and will probably cost more money.

7m dawg … so its simple to find parts … it would such to have to go to the dealership and not be able to get a few parts … 7M FTW …

1jz FTL
http://img155.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/2/4/2/1/clifeservice-img600x450-1161154945so_004.jpg

Yeah, i guess scotts right. 7m’s do look so sexy… :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They dont have headgasket or headstud issues either… :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuck thatsugly!

go with the 1J. Parts are easy to get. 7M’s suck ass.

think of it as a pussy. The bad dirty ones are easy to find but you want the brite pink!

Go with the pink man!

lol thanks for all your comments!Say more if your willing!

I used to have a 7M-GTE MKIII Supra.

It was amazing, I loved every bit of it…it just needed a 1JZ-GTE.

The cars handling was unbelievable at a stock level and Toyota just screams durability.

Other then a horrible head gasket the 7M-GTE stock was very sound.

Yea, head gaskets going every 10-25K or so just SCREAMS reliability :finga:

7m

cant you buy some decent head studs and HG?

Really depends what the maximum output he wants for how much he is willing to spend. 1JZ’s are sexy engines but do run you more money and nowadays with all the supra hype i dont see a problem with parts for either, althought 7’s will be a lil easier. Besides that first car i had was a 7M supra and i actually beat the shit out of it and never had big issues with the HG. Plus just do some minor ugrading before he gets it installed, easier to do it before you drop it in the car.