I know someone of you will be happy with this... Oscars smoked meats

Oscar’s Smoked Meats to reopen Feb. 20

By KEVIN HARRIGAN, Special to the Times Union
Last updated: 5:12 p.m., Tuesday, February 9, 2010
The first batches of smoked meats came out of the new smokers today at Oscar’s Adirondack Mountain Smokehouse in Warrensburg. The batches consisted of beef jerky and Irish, English and Canadian bacon.

Many will remember the terrible blaze that crippled the store Labor Day weekend last September. Owner Jerry Quintal pledged to rebuild and the new building is prepared to open on Feb. 20, at 9 a.m.

“We didn’t roll over and play dead,” said Quintal.

Oscar’s is considered by some to be a Warrensburg icon. The Quintal family entered the meat smoking business in 1945 when Jerry Quintal’s father, Oscar, began smoking meat in his garage with a homemade smoker. That smoker will adorn the location’s entrance, on Raymond Lane off Route 9, along with a plaque dedicated to the memory of Oscar and his wife Edith.

The new location will be quite larger than the original Oscar’s and will have display space for all 120 products and some new products like English bangers. Handicap accessibility and parking will be upgraded and the new building will be environmentally friendly.

Comment on this story at The Buzz: Business news

Im pissed I dont get up that way for work anymore though! gonna have to plan a trip up

YES! i love that place!

sweeeet… oscars is great

nice! oscars is tasty

WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE FOR THE RE-OPENING! OSCARS FTMFW!!

I got beef jerky there a while ago and it was great

FUCKIN A RIGHT BITCHES!!!

Road trip to oscars has been added to your calendar.

haha I can see why you guys are together

mmmmmm!!! oscars is the best!!! such good jerky!!!

Never been there, would love to try their stuff though.

Oscars is awesome, I’m not a big meat eater but there cheese spreads are awesome!

The jerky wasn’t top notch the last few times we got it, but I’m hoping that it will be phenominal with the new smokers they got :thumbup CANT WAIT!!

Their hickory smoked cheese curd are fucking amazing

the Famunda they have there is to die for!!!

I used to go up there all the time when I was a kid, my parents had a camp in Indian Lake.

Great stuff there.

:rofl

They have CHEESE CURDS?!?! Im in.

YES SIR three buck for a bag of them sooooooo good