I know this won't sell it, but maybe some of you guys know someone...

never heard of that before. we have come accross people who register their cars in NJ yet have a NY license.

Someone buy this so I can drive Chris’s next car.

or just reg ur car in florida, no inspection.

or front plate

Plus Juan.

tHE LAWS ARE CLEAR. yOU MUST REGISTART YOUR CAR IN ny IF YOU RESIDE IN ny. I went through this is detail when I bought the Atom. VT law is not so clear, but you do not live in Vermont.
The good news is most cops do not know the detail of the law. It took some time to get it nailed down, but it is tru. If you reside in NY more than 6 months a year, you SHALL register the car in NY. HOWEVER, if you start a business in VT, like I did, and register the car in the Business name, then the area become so gray that its pretty evident you would not have an issue at all. To start a business in VT you need a resident of the State to sponser you if you are not a resident. Thats not hard, many small village/town attorneys will sponser you, some for free, some for a fee.
That said, most of the time, in most situations, a NYS cop wont care where your car is registered and insured. Thats a whole new issue. Insurance comapnays make alot of assumptions, but in the policy small print it usually states you are a resident of the state in which the car is registered… rates are often based on such. If you have a significant accident, and your car is registered in VT, and your residency has been established in NY forever, theres a chance the insurance company can fight the liability. How a jury would decide the fate may be different than the law, but be aware of unintended consequences.
In the case of the Atom, It was registed in VT, but would not pass VT inspection, so I could not drive it in VT. NY could not give me a ticket for no inspection, only the state in which it is registered in can give such a tickit. So, oddly, it was appeared legal in NY… and wasnt in VT. The catch is the NYS law on residency and registration.
The insurance company tend to car where the car is stored or kept… I claimed the Atom was in VT more than 6 months a year, but I do have an address and a garage in VT, so it was at least conceiveable to the casual onlooker… and hard to disprove in the event of an insurance claim.

There are alot of legal stipulations…if you truely want to be legal. Most of the time it will not be an issue. A cop will likely ask one or two questions and probably just issue a ticket and leave the rigistration issue alone as long as you have a resonable and plausable explanation.

Again, NYS has no jurisdiction to ticket for an inspection, or lack there of, for a car registered out of state. They can still ticket for a mechanical offense, such as a broken headlight or the like.

so either way… I guess as long as you don’t get into an accident, you’re basically ok?? lol!

In trade negotiations right now!
I’m realllllllllly hoping it goes through as the new car will be awesome.

Turbo K20 hatch finally…knew it!

I saw the light, man. I started having dreams at night and waking up with cold sweats. The dreams consisted of me driving a K-swapped EK doing 150 bombs on I90 on my way to LVD, where I proceeded to run 8’s at less than 100mph because I had to shut down at the 330ft mark.

im not sure but i sense a HINT of sarcasm here.:rofl

This.

Absolutely not. Both Bakerian and Jesse are highly looking forward to the FWD monster.

There is not a single fwd vehicle on this earth that Jesse Clark would approve of.

That is how I know you’re lying.

Are you sure about that Been-jammin? ARE YOU SURE?!?!?!

Incorrect.

must be a bone stock type -r

JClark approves of FWD only when accompanied by RWD.

:facepalm