I miss Ames (tribute page ITT)

http://www.amesfanclub.com/

There used to be one in Ti, loved going there. Imagine that, shopping at a retail store, and grocery shopping at a grocery store. We used to have several of them, also. Now, the only option is Wal-Mart:Idiots

PATHETIC. just saying :slight_smile:

but i guess when you live out inthe middle of nowhere, this touches home for you :rofl

also the one near us:

0750 Crosstown Plaza 2330 Watt St. Schenectady NY 12304 518-347-1142

Took over the old caldor.

My buddy worked there during the summers, and I used to go up and help him assemble shit. The boss walked by numerous times and said nothing, hahahh!

Montgomery-Ward was an old favorite, too.

lame

Agreed. It’s odd not being hungover on a Sunday, excuse my odd behaviors:tongue

LOL ya mean i saw this topic, tribute to ames, i was like… seriously? :lol

That store was a shithole. Dirty and never seemed to have anything I went there for.

While we’re on old stores does anybody remember Jamesway? There used to be one in Rotterdam where Hannaford is now. I remember going there alot when I was a kid.

Bradlee’s in Mohawk Mall was a store I remember as a kid too. Kinda like a Walmart in some ways.

bradlees ya i remember that, and mediaplay too in mohawk commons

Yeah, Media Play- the store that it rained inside too.
Buckets of water everywhere. I did buy alot of cd’s there though.

ahahahaa

Jamesway

Ames was great, there was one in the crosstown plaza many moons ago.

I worked at the ames in the crosstown plaza about 10 years ago for roughly 4 hours, FUCK THAT SHIT.

HA!

Any of the older guys here remember drooling over the Sears xmas catalog every year?:tongue

hell yeah, in Hudson they used to have a Ames and a Jamesway lol

Man, I’m hung over beyond belief. Be glad you’re not. :lol

I took 2 dros though, they helped a little bit I suppose. I feel like I am filled with helium. :rofl

Oh hell yeah, I used to drink EVERY Sat night like clockwork, but now it’s more like every 3 weeks or so.

Same here dude. Twas bad. I’m still not sure why I slowed down, either :lol

Because

Your 20
by the time you turn 21 your liver will fail
finally got off.