i need a block heater to fit a skyline

i bought that exact same one at canadian tire and so far it works good and i'm also using one of those magnetic block heaters and also so far so good. no more oil pump problems for me

a buddy of mine found a block heater to fit the block (rb20det) when i talk to him next i will let u know

Just because it fits does not make it work.

If you have ever noticed that they all have different leangths of elements and sometimes if you do not install them correctly (say 12 o’clock position or 6 or whatever) they will be resting right up against part of the motor than should not get really hot in only a little spot. And Ka-blamo

Ideally a block heater should heat up the coolant in your engine’s coolant jacket, in between the cylinders. Or at least that’s the theory, anyways. That’s why most stock engines that come with a block heater are actually on the side or rear of the engine block bottom end itself. Problem is, my SR20DET is all aluminum, and I’m pretty sure dosen’t have a stock hole for this. On the upside, an aluminum engine should heat up faster than an iron one.

So can you actually get a block heater that will work on an aluminum engine block? Are the Jetta block heaters doing this? Cause the inline rad hose and the oil heaters might work, but their not really that efficient in design…

I’m seriously thinking of hauling a huge ass electric space heater in my hatch and just plugging it in at work and angling it at my radiator and block. I betcha that would help some :lol:

But there must be a better way! Any of these things work wonders for you last winter? I’m already prepping for the next one…