Block Heaters

Anybody have a block heater installed on their 240? I want to get one for the winter time (I winter drive my car).

Where should I look (Nissan doesn’t have any for the 240 apparently) and is there a specific type i’d want?

Thanks.

get one that heats the oil and coolant.

i never had a problem with my 240 in the winter, always started, even on the coldest days in middle of the winter

Sounds good.

My car never gave me an issue either, fortunately. It’s more so I don’t have to idle/drive forever to get heat and prevent cold starts.

Thanks…so are you wintering the infamous Cefiro or what? :slight_smile:

I got a block heater for like $20 from Canadian Tire.

the hard part is installing it … those frost plugs can be damn hard to knock out without getting your car up on a lift.

depending on climate, there may be other options. There is a magnetic device that attaches to your oilpan to keep it hot. There is an “in line” heater which heats the coolant and you hook it onto your rad hose

It gets down to minus 40 where i live and unless the 240 is pllugged in at that temperature, it wont start

how cold do you get

It gets down to about -25 here at times. So i’ll look into my options, and hopefully find something to heat the coolant and oil.