Cold day too much for me

I tried to go out to the car today and swap out my injectors…

I couldn’t work… I b*tched out. It was too cold…

Does anyone use block heaters or have any suggestions as to how to warm up the garage in a small scale? Nothing like insulating the entire garage or anything.

Red Label…:stuck_out_tongue: or!
get those heaters that look like a fan they’re pretty good…

rent a propane or electric heater from home depot

get yourself a nice little( smaller) kerosene heater with the round heating element in the center. thats all we ever use. works nice. it gets it nice and comfortable in there

you can get a propane heater from PA for like a bill.

peace

the kerosene one works very good but the kerosene is expensive.

peace

back in stoney creek i used a propane heater from princess auto and it would get hot as hell in the garage in no time. they got all kinds of different heaters.

my garage isnt insulated around the doors very well and its cold as hell. i use a small ass block heater and it does the job, if i keep it close enough. wear gloves, sweaters and a hat… thats what i do lol

btw this is a double garage, just let the heater run for a bit.

We have a double garage. My dad just purchased a brand new insulated Garage door and it’s gotten much better. I think I just need to go out and buy a new pair of mechanics gloves.

Just suck it up and work in the cold, its not that bad, could be worse. Injectors take like 20 min to do. Just do it in stages and warm up in between, simplest thing.

If the door to your garage is connected to your house, just be cheap and leave it open for a bit. Eventually the garage will warm up, and you can just work like that. The inside of your house may be a bit chilli though lol

i use a camilion (sp?) in my shop, theres no insulation or anything and it keeps it at a nice 20 or 30 and heats up quick, cheap to run to. costs me 15 bucks to heat the shop for 5 or 6 hours

ur struggling to take out 8 screws?

^^^, I’ve been there. drunkmunky, im with you man. All my digits and my ears get incredibly cold and numb in a matter of 8 minutes or so. I can’t do squat after that.

500 watt light warms u up and gives u light. just dont put it near plastic.

i had 1 but broke it, i used to hang it off of the hood, where the hook is for the latch.

not an oem setup. I have an aftermarket fuel rail with aftermarket top feed injectors.

Everything is Hex/Allen Key. It just takes longer. If I had some gloves it would be much better but my mech. gloves got all torn up mid summer and I haven’t bothered to replace them as of yet.

Maybe I should strategize and go out in short spurts of 15-30 minutes throughout the day? lol

get a little metal shallow BBQ tray, and put coals in it and let them heat up!! get hot and stays warm for long time!!

Yeah working in this weather isn’t that fun, I recently finished an SR swap and some other stuff outside since I have no room in the garage. Three all nighters from 10pm to around 7am cause that’s the only time I had available. Normally wear my pj’s, then long sleeve shirt and warming pants, then snow pants and wool sweater, thick hoodie over the wool sweater, pair of work pants over the snow pants and work jacket over the hoodie, and a wool hat. Shitty but it had to get done, wires and factory intercooler pipes, couplers, hoses and other things normally soft turn stiff and brittle.

As for when I do have room to work in my garage, I normally keep the door shut all times (obviously) and then run an electric oil heater I got from home depot about an hour before I go in. After that working in a work jacket is fine.

the cold can get to u, i had to do a starter on my old van, it was a 2000 mpv, and the starter is located in a retarded spot, u have to remove a few coolant lines and what not. it as like -20 out that day and i had coolant all over my hands, the worst part was my garage was empty but i couldnt get the van to start just to get it in the garage.