I need a feel for roll cage demand in this area...

I’m wondering if I should buy a cheap bender, and struggle to build one cage for myself, or if I should buy an expensive one and build some for others as well.

Well, for something you are going to potentially trust your life to, starting on your own car first sounds like maybe a risky idea.

I would love to build my own if I had the resources but with the way I have “built” other stuff in the past makes me trust my life playing russian roulette with a full clip over flipping my car with a cage I made myself.

You sure you think you can produce/weld in a quality one then go for it:headbang:

there are quality cage builders around here. one i highly recommend is jason vitez. (903-4452). he builds tight, tig welded, clean cages.

he builds a damn good chassis too.

if you got good at it im sure you could make money but the only problem with that is how do you exactly practice making roll cages? I wouldn’t personally trust anyone that is just starting off at it.

i’m getting one in my civic this spring, just to stiffen the chassis… if you were competitive with pricing i’d let you weld away.

There are others on the board building cages now, you would have to compete with them and they already have done the work several times

[quote=“POOPRA,post:6,topic:37358"”]

There are others on the board building cages now, you would have to compete with them and they already have done the work several times

[/quote]

Not only that but the liability involved in fabricating safety equipment is high. This isn’t the sort of thing I’d do for anyone that wasn’t a very trusted and long time friend.