I need head....light help

So I want to replace my headlight b/c there was some smart ass rock that smacked a hole in it but my problem is that I don’t know how. The manual and all the nissan books I have say nothing about how to do this and I have it half apart and am now stuck. I just need someone who knows how to do this on my car. Please.

Does anyone know someone who would know or should I take it to a body shop and see what they say.

To take the headlight off, remove the rear wheels then disassemble your rear brakes so that you can reach underneath your car. Once you are underneath, scurry up to the front of your car, and take off your oilpan. Make sure you dont drain the oil first. It also is easier if you were just running your car very hard and your engine is really hot. Once you have the oil pan off and the oil is outyou can reach the lower rad hose. Get some snips and cut that off and get it out of your way. Unbolt the rad and get it out of the way too. So reach up and you should see 6 nuts. Get a 12mm wrench and loosen it off. You may have a bit of trouble seeing the bolts so you might want to take off your hood to get better lighting. Once those 6 bolts are off get some wire cutters and cut the wiring going to the light, it should just pop off now. Put the new light in and you should be good to go. :smiley:

lol

Thats not right, you mustn’t have noticed he has a Sentra. Its FWD, he needs to take off the front wheels and diassemble the hub, duh.

Seriously though, your car is different but in my book, it says that there are 3 or 4 ring screws in the headlight assembly, and 2 aiming screws at the front if the headlight(dont mess with those). I think that the screws for the assembly are, two upper rear, and two rear side. Maybe if you take out the bulb and move the harness around you can see them better. Good luck.

ROTFLMAO

K so I got the oil pan off and have 2nd degree burns from whatever came from inside of the pan…im suing you Dave.
oh and thanks for the help mscott but it is not like the other sentras and this is why i am confused. In the manual it has the 2 or 4 door instructions which is probably what you were saying but they say nothing about how to do it on a coupe. My headlight has 4 bolts that go to the …NM it’s way to hard to explain…if i don’t get it fixed soon, i’ll show you guys at the next meet.

Or you could just bring it to Cali Automotive and we could fix 'er for ya when we’re up and running :wink: Good seeing ya at C’boys bro! Next time I got chicks for you :smiley:

LOL although that was funny Dave, some people might be stupid enough to do it. Some guy told this other guy to clean his car with brake fluid and he acually did it! It was on an S2000, needless to say, he had no paint, lol.

So I want to replace my headlight b/c there was some smart ass rock that smacked a hole in it but my problem is that I don’t know how. The manual and all the nissan books I have say nothing about how to do this and I have it half apart and am now stuck. I just need someone who knows how to do this on my car. Please.

Does anyone know someone who would know or should I take it to a body shop and see what they say.

To take the headlight off, remove the rear wheels then disassemble your rear brakes so that you can reach underneath your car. Once you are underneath, scurry up to the front of your car, and take off your oilpan. Make sure you dont drain the oil first. It also is easier if you were just running your car very hard and your engine is really hot. Once you have the oil pan off and the oil is outyou can reach the lower rad hose. Get some snips and cut that off and get it out of your way. Unbolt the rad and get it out of the way too. So reach up and you should see 6 nuts. Get a 12mm wrench and loosen it off. You may have a bit of trouble seeing the bolts so you might want to take off your hood to get better lighting. Once those 6 bolts are off get some wire cutters and cut the wiring going to the light, it should just pop off now. Put the new light in and you should be good to go. :smiley:

lol

Thats not right, you mustn’t have noticed he has a Sentra. Its FWD, he needs to take off the front wheels and diassemble the hub, duh.

Seriously though, your car is different but in my book, it says that there are 3 or 4 ring screws in the headlight assembly, and 2 aiming screws at the front if the headlight(dont mess with those). I think that the screws for the assembly are, two upper rear, and two rear side. Maybe if you take out the bulb and move the harness around you can see them better. Good luck.

ROTFLMAO

K so I got the oil pan off and have 2nd degree burns from whatever came from inside of the pan…im suing you Dave.
oh and thanks for the help mscott but it is not like the other sentras and this is why i am confused. In the manual it has the 2 or 4 door instructions which is probably what you were saying but they say nothing about how to do it on a coupe. My headlight has 4 bolts that go to the …NM it’s way to hard to explain…if i don’t get it fixed soon, i’ll show you guys at the next meet.

Or you could just bring it to Cali Automotive and we could fix 'er for ya when we’re up and running :wink: Good seeing ya at C’boys bro! Next time I got chicks for you :smiley:

LOL although that was funny Dave, some people might be stupid enough to do it. Some guy told this other guy to clean his car with brake fluid and he acually did it! It was on an S2000, needless to say, he had no paint, lol.