blackin out headlights and taillights

can some one do it for me plz lol ill pay :slight_smile: or any shops that do it???

oh photoshop?

:D::D:D

its sooo easy, you just use some 400 or 600 fine grit on the light, spray a bunch of fine fine coats of the blackout shit, then some canadian tire clear coat over top while its still tacky. the clear coat makes it come out glossy, i see them all the time when they come out flat and it looks rubbish

tail lights are bad enough, dont do ur headlights

theres also red out, i like it better

lol but it looks so sickkk grrrrrrr. red wiht a white carr nawww. i thin it would look good blakc wiht th carbon fiber hood. wana do it for me :slight_smile:

Do you know if your housings are sealed or not?

That may or may not be the breaker for people who are thinking of helping… sealed housings are a PITA

im pretty srue they are not. its been done alot alrady. im jsut no good at paitint shti haaha lol.
i knwo all i hae to do is heat it up in a oven to loosne the seals
and then thing layers of the blackout shit
thn use oem nissan seals again

grrr there has to be som shop that does thiss anyoneee???

what? what are you talking about taking apart with the oven, thats completely unnecessary, just paint the shit, and do it yourself you lazy bastard, its not hard at all, im not good at painting either, but it just takes patience and preperation.

dude it’s not that hard

i’ve done it to my maxima and they were sealed housing as well

i wouldnt recomend the oven mthod b/c u can’t control the heat, i used a heat gun and basically went around the seal over and over till it was fully soft and pry’d it apart

put some painters tape around the parts that needed to be covered, did a few coats of spay paint. that’s it.

took the heat gun and went over the glue, made it hot and sticky and pressed the housing and plastic back togther and made sure it was tight.

simple.

i still dont understand… is this the headlight? why would you take it all apart to paint the lens?

yeah the headlight and tail light. becaue thats the properway to do it you can do it form the out side but its jsut not as good of a job. and ti will peel off.

Wait… for the headlights:

• Do you just want tinted lenses? I though you were talking about clear lens, but blacking out the housing (back part)… Guess that won’t work unless you’re HID’d… :S

lol i am HID> i want to blackout the lense

so thatz what u guys were talking about… you should do that! black out the housing, it would look soooo mean and baller. and no it doesnt peel off from the outside if u do it right. if you wet sand the plastic with some 400 or 600 sandpaper and you use a clear coat to seal it, it wont peel. you could even get fancy and use some adhesive promoter. i dont know where you would find it though, i use to get it from the bodyshop i worked at.

want to do it fo me :slight_smile:

the other guyu sai dhe wold but he diseappred lol :frowning:
ill pay you :slight_smile:

group buy i want!

having recently taken apart some S13 silvia corner lenses, sealed, I have some tips;

I used the oven at 200 for 15 minutes, they came out with the adhesive soft but not runny, the lenses were almost too hot to hold, I then put my good back and good front togther, tossed them back into the oven at 200, for 10 minutes and pressed them tightly togther by hand, cleaning up the extra adhesive while still warm.

I could have sprayed the lense tint on the inside when they were apart but I don’t go for that look.

do it up for me darrian :slight_smile:

so if you wanna do your tail lights, i have a 240sx hatch, the turn signal is yellow on the tails, i want to tint it so they are black also, but not tooo black, seeing as my car is flatblack…im jut woundering…a glossy black tail light would look like ass.
ill probably just tint the outsideanyways cause truthfully finding new tails isnt a hard task
can someone pm me step by step

I can probably do it for you guys.

hi buddies…

thanks for posting all the helpful information and suggestions etc…

I must say this place has been very useful for me for D.I.Y. tasks…

Take care
:slight_smile: