I need interwebz at my apartment.

Anyone have any input on what would be the best route to take?

Thanks guys.

you need to run some tubes

Umm order it…

Well yeah, I know that. Just curious as to if anyone has any input with who I should go to.

Well that’s starting to get slightly more specific.

How about a location, cost objective, what you use the internet for, etc. C’mon man. :chris berman: (We should get this smilie)

Location may decide who you can even go with. I.E. Fios. Which I would recommend if you can get it.

This reminds me of the car buying threads on here. “Hey guys, I want to buy a car with 4 wheels. What should I get?”

Either an OC-192 or NetZero. Or possibly something in between.

FiOS if it’s available. The website availability isn’t always accurate to I’d call first.

BAHAHAHAH

I think you need AOL to get the internets…I may have some free trials.

lol yeah, sorry. I’m at work and had to post quick.
I live in Depew. Would like to spend around 40-50 bucks a month. Mostly use the internet for xbox, school research, facebooks, nyspeed and whatever the gf wants to use it for. I don’t think I want to go with Fios because my dad has it and has had nothing but problems. But maybe thats just 1 opinion.

PM GeeHee

we have verizon dsl. it sucks. want fios but somehow not available where i am yet.

DSL, Cable, FIOS.
Ranked in order of cheapest, and slowest, to fastest and best. Going from ~$20 for DSL to ~$60-65 for FIOS. Pick which suits your budget. Also everyone is pushing bundling now so if you don’t want the TV or home phone thru whoever you get expect to pay out the ass for standalone internet. I would check with whoever does your TV for bundles first.

Well I just need standalone internet. So I think my best bet is going to be cable. Just checked on time warners site and they have 39.99 for standard road runner which is in my budget and is not DSL.

If you want some 10Gb(OC192) internet holler

when i first moved to my place, time warner had a deal for $29.95 a month for 1 yr for internet (intro price) im pretty sure they still have a similar deal if youre a new customer

it sucks, bc in a few weeks my intro price will be up and i’ll be paying $60/month for shitty internet only. i kinda want tv now, and i called fios and you have to have a box for every tv (i have 3) and they charge per month for it

idk what im going to do :frowning:

Just borrow your neighbors wireless

I have roadrunner lite for $20 a month and it suits my needs. I can illegally download a 1gig movie in like 2hrs, so I let it run overnight. It browses websites fast enough for me, facebooks and I can do my homework no problem.

already tried that. 9 wireless connections, all secure networks. :frowning:

WEP?

yeah

there are actually 2 good fios wifi signals i pick up at my place, but both are locked, and im pretty sure have the original password