I picked up a new toy/project:) (CAMARO)

Not u lol

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you have ~$10,000 into drivetrain parts into the Camaro?

But seriously man, we can both give good info without debating LS vs LT swaps. I love you Johnny :stuck_out_tongue:

You aren’t wrong, Jon’s not wrong, I’m not wrong. Also on the flip side, none of us are right either.

My point is this platform can be the easiest and cheapest thing out there. or it can be the most expensive and most challenging car too! There are a million ways to build a Fbody! Its like the new civic. LOL

It all depends on what the car wants to be, how much money it is willing to take from the owner and how the owner wants to run it.

Thats why my project is sticking to a strict plan. Budgeted accordingly and being built with specific parts, in specific ways to stay on track till completion. Its very easy to stray once you get into the project. Example. My 6.0l came from a 200+kmi beat ass truck. Tore the motor down and it looks MINT inside. Very surprising actually. I first wanted to just replace some leaky gaskets and clean it up. Then I figured replace the valve seals. So since the springs are out, why not install Yellows now. Since the bottom end needs to be cleaned, why not disassembled and install new bearings and ARP bolts. Hell lets toss in forged pistons, then a hone… At some point I had to smack myself and say STICK TO THE PLAN MIKE.

The motor is Prolly the cheapest of shit in there . As of last yr I should say , the lt is a damnit good motor

Dude auto correct isnt helping you man! LOL

Yeah no doubt the motor is cheap. If you can find one for less than $400 complete (ave for a LM7 from a yard, harness, some or all acc’s, pan to intake) equally outfitted, then go LT I guess. If its at all a long term project with stepped goals you want to accomplish, then the choices are that much more relevant NOW, to avoid double work and re-replacing stuff later on.

Ohh and “$500 car to pass inspection” part.

Its a 94.

If the tires aren’t bald, suspension isn’t falling off, cat is on it and the lights/horn/etc work… it will pass.

and that’s trying to pass it legit. :slight_smile: You could put a rocket engine on the car and get a sticker!

anyone know of good junk yards that have some fbodys? i need some interior pieces that are missing, IE headliner for a ttop and small stuff like that, a dash?

a 94, 3.4l does not have good potential.

take it from a kid that built a 400rwhp turbo V6 camaro.

I had a 95 black 3.4 v6 as my first car. I owned it for 3 months. Car was a good driver, and thats it.

why do i need all that HP thou? i dont care about something that is gonna break track times or win races, i would like it to look brand new and just something on nice days to take off ttops and go for a long cruise, more power is nice, but not needed in my life, im happy with a stock engine accuttly… lol but im glad you all did show me that if i ever want to build a fast car to sell this one and get a new one:)

There ya go lol, buy my wheels lol

3.4’s are big pieces of shit. Theyre overgrown 2.8’s. No balls at all and the 3.4 always seems to blow up while the 2.8 doesnt.

got pics of them when you get a chance?

well i hope it dont blow up, unless its an existing problem with the previous owner, it will have an easy life, i drive slow and cruise lol…

they usually blow intake gaskets and head gaskets

if it does i can easly get the 500 out of it that i paid for it lol

theres gotta be a reason you got it for only slightly more than scrap value

PJB’s intrigue is getting me excited…i give this thread a thumbs up so far

guy was having a kid he said, and ive went thry this thing to best of my knowledge all it needs is brake pads and a new radiator before i can drive it, not to mention needs body work badly, and interior is shot

i have a spoiler , front fenders , rear bumper cover , the panel just above the bumper that says camaro . a.k.a "berger panel "

dou you happen to have headliner for ttop roof? or a dash? or the camaro emblem on front bumper?