I shall call her killacycle.. video inside

wow. when i saw that thing launch my first reaction was to say fake … then i quickly realised that electric powered vehical = mad torque yo

holy shit

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:10,topic:35376"”]

it dosent look like he ever even used the thing before… WTF

[/quote]

Damn can that thing take off.

[quote=“ZOMGVTEK,post:17,topic:35376"”]

They aparently designed the thing to get max acceleration in the 1/4 so it looks faster than it is. And i wouldnt think there is a clutch, as there would be no gears and the electric motor can just not spin when you dont want to move and ramp up to 60K rpm or so with ease, 1 speed ftw…

And id assume the whole thing is filled with batteries, they just dont weigh alot…

[/quote]

i’d imagine it has a transmission, but probably a CVT

EDIT:
I stand corrected. Variable amp drive.

Battery energy is converted to motive power by a Café Electric Z2K Motor Controller. These incredible devices are capable of throttling currents up to 2000 amps and potentials as high as 400 volts.

Two modified 6.7 inch Model L-91 Advanced DC Motors pull a direct chain drive to the rear wheel.

also:

I’m Fine (scapes and cuts) Bike is a little bent….
Jump to Comments

First off, I’m just a bit scraped up. Embarrassed of course. I had not intended the bike to move in the soapy water, just spin the tire.

Got it slowed down to about 20 mph. Front wheel is bent, as are front forks. Cowling is not nearly as pretty as it was.
Battery box took a hit from the front wheel. Almost certainly, some cells were shorted. No smoke. No fire. Ultra safe cells. Had these been anything but A123 Systems Nano-phosphate cells, shorts would have caused a serious fire.

No major damage. We will have it fixed in short order.

Important to note: Area in front of the bike was CLEARED of ALL PEOPLE. NO ONE was at risk but me. Concrete on both sides of area.

Yes, I am an idiot for not wearing a helmet. :-/

2000 a * 400 v = 800kw

800 000 watt = 1 072.386 058 981 horsepower [electric]

and, actually, this is a decent examply of how safe the batts system can be i suppose - for not shorting & frying. :gotme:

fucking christ 8.21