I think im done with Dish Network

ok, so today i find out that Dish network dropped local channel 4. So now this means not only can i not watch the sabres because they dropped MSG but now i cant watch the bills in the fall because they dropped channel 4. Apparently they dropped wnlo as well which means i cant watch smallville either. Im probably going to cancel within the next day or so.

So the question is, do i go back to time warner and get raped or do i go with direct tv? ive never had direct tv, but i have had timewarner and i dont like how often the rates rise with timewarner.

So, i just called timewarner and it was $73 bucs for the first 12months. So then i asked about after 12months and then she reluctantly said it would go up to $160 a month. WTF… FU timewarner.

I am going with Direct TV. What are people using for cheapish internet?

So after a year tell them your going to leave and see what deal they cut you :slight_smile:

just gimme free cable. :smiley:

Ch 4 will be back on within days. If you have an HD box just throw rabbit ears on and it will feed right into your box, itll be like 004-01. No FIOS where you are?

they both lose, constantly. I just saved you half a year. do some heaterz

tw is mad sketchy. they put all this crap on it, the boxes are slow even with new remotes / batterys. They constantly need to be reset.

I like the net tho, it works most of the time, the major outages have gone down in the last year in my area.

What type of package are you looking at for Time Warner? I’ve been with them for 26 years now.

I just received my bill which has the Digital Cable Package, Digital Variety and DVR service, my bill is $96.89/mth.

The only issue I’ve had is with the DVR box freezing and they came and replaced it the same day n/c.

Yea i’ve had adelphia/TW for at least 12yrs. For there high end 'net and cable package I pay just about $100. When they say they are gonna raise, I complain and the most it has shifted was a cpl dollars. Service wise I have had 1 issue in all these years. It was box failure. Replaced within the day it broke. No complaints here.

You could get a job with TWC and get free cable…

Dish is great… Its like having the weather channel in your house… Free major storm warnings… 24/7… Just tune to any channel… If its breaking up, storm incoming…

Ain’t that the truth! Seriously, in the summer my TV will cut out 1 minute before the storm hits, reminding me it’s time to go make sure my car windows are shut.

timw warner is really the only thing that works, its higher priced but never cuts out or stops carrying networks. youll miss some sabres games with direct tv because they dont carry VS. my buddies have it and it sucks.

I just have antenna and Netflix. I like saving ~1000 bucks a year over traditional television entertainment. :stuck_out_tongue: Plus I don’t really have time to sit around and watch the tube.

You mean the guys that dropped channel 4 for several months during football season, and has more of these things than any other provider? (Not to mention the shit quality of the TV product)

How long ago did MSG drop off? For the record I wouldn’t place the blame entirely on Dish, CBS(Chan 4 and The CW(WNLO) are Lin TV, if you remember not too long ago TWC had the same type of contract dispute with them. These things are coming up more often now especially with local networks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

BULLSHIT, Time Warner droped The CW and CBS no more than 2 years ago over a contract dispute, they had to drop Versus I believe for a period of time. This can happen to any TV provider it is the nature of the business especially with company’s demanding more $$ from the cable/sat providers.

i dont know maybe they do stop carrying channels like everywhere else but from my own experience i watch tv alot and time warner never cuts out like the dishes and they cover all the hockey and sabres games i need.

All the bashing aside, Fios, DirectTV or TWC are the best options right now (including TWC since they now have whole home DVR as well)

For a cost versus what you get with the whole home DVR, I’d say DirecTV is way head of Verizon.

I had dish when my parents had direct and dollar for dollar Dish gives you a hell of a lot more. More channels, better boxes, lower prices. Direct paid too much for the exclusive contract with the NFL and all of their customers subsidize it.
FIOS kind of forces you into the bundle, when you get all the services from them its not bad but the standalone prices are astronomical.

My deal was “I’m sorry to hear that, unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

Yep, when I went to leave time warner (internet and phone) after a year when my promo was up I got the same response. I told the retention rep, “So let me get this straight, I’m offering you a chance to keep me as a customer by just extending the current plan I’m on, and you won’t do it, but if I go through the hassle of cancelling and signing up in my roommate’s name, and you guys have to send someone out to re-hook up everything, we’ll have no problem getting said plan?” “That’s correct, sir.” “Good talk, my number will be ported shortly.”