I woulda def dropped $3k on this. (AE-86 Content)

truth.

From the Man Bob from Drift Office:
Whoops - typed too fast.

I assume you’re looking for a suspension you can use for street AND track, so I’ll give you the spiel that I give everyone who comes into the store, asking the same question…

Firstly, your decision to purchase would be motivated greatly by price, as with everyone else, no matter what I’ve heard… price seems to always be the consideration. With that in mind, here’s what we’re looking at :

Espelir Active Super Down (ASDs) w/ Tokico Blues or KYB GR-2s
Price : Approx : $350

More of a STREET only setup, but it is still better than 20 year old stock shocks with cut springs…

SWIFT / TRD Race Springs w/ KYB AGXx & T3 Strut Tube Spacer + NRCA
Price : $Approx 850

We’ve got this and it’s a decent setup for both AutoX and Drift ~ by no means the all that ends all, but there’s certainly value here.

D2 Racing Coilovers
Price : Approx $1200

Full front & rear coilovers, complete with camber plates and fully adjustable shocks. They say 36 way but it’s really one of those infinite way adjustment shocks. They’re a bit less ergonomic than most, but it’s a working coilover setup. Not the greatest, but if you were to start building on the setup listed above, then with camber plates and such, you’ll exceed the $1200 mark. D2s are also height adjustable.

Megan Racing AE86 Coilovers
Price : Approx $1100 Kit Form

This offering is the latest amongst all out there ~ and it’s very similar to what Greddy offers. In fact, it’s probably coming from the same plant that re-badged this design for Greddy’s in Taiwan. Construction looks to be every bit as good as Greddy’s offering below, but the difference is that they require you to cut off 50mm off your spindle’s perch so that you can slip it into the Megan strut sleeves and weld them on. Figure associated costs to do that and install to be another $300, bringing up your total to $1400.

Greddy Type-S / T3 Coilovers
Price : Approx $1600

Probably the best bang for the buck (for now, till some OTHER company comes out with their offering) and it will work well for any motor sport environment. Quality is pretty good and regardless of your brand orientation, Greddy is considered “bling.” Bling goes along way in the decision making process, so we’ll eventually see more people picking up the Greddys since they’re new and “hot”. T3’s coilover setup has been around for years and I’ve yet to see any real complaints either…

All the rest : Tein / Silkroad / Cusco / TODA / Kei-Office / Revolver
Price : Approx $1800 - $3000

There’s very little that warrants the large price difference between this group compared to the rest IMHO. But - if you want to really shine… or be a baller, then yeah, go ahead.

My 2 cents!

Bob

Drift-Office, LLC

So he uses Swift/AGX setup on their Formula D Ae86.

Greddy also is known to seize.