IC: 1989 RB20DET Hatchback

I’m looking to see what I can get for this car as I found another car I want, and before I can even look at it this needs to be gone. This car was sitting in storage for 3 years before I bought it, and I picked it up with a half blow KA for one purpose, to swap an RB in it.

Spec List:

Chassis:

Good:

256xxx km on it
Frame rail has only minor surface rust, nothing pentrating
Drivers side floor has 3 patches on it done by previous owner, one I reinforced with an inch thick of fiber glass as I have not had a chance to seam weld it solid.
All rust has been killed and taken care of.

Bad:

Drivers side quarter panel has some rust that was cut out and killed.
Needs a reseal on the windshield (I got quoted at $125 to do it)
Drivers side rear frame rail is in rough shape, and so is muffler hanger, nothing not repairable
No powersteering (deleted the PS and ran grease in it).

Engine/Drive Train

Good

RB20DET bought from total JDM this summer with approx. 35xxx km on it, timing belt, water pump and tensioner was done in Japan in 2008.
170 PSI through all 6 cylinders, 180 PSI is OEM rebuild.
I have put 5xxx KM on it since july with no problems, stock boost has been put through motor, nothing more, nothing less.
Synthetic oil changes every 1xxxkm, copper plugs changed every oil change.
Sitting on McKinney mounts ($700 alone) to fit the motor in properly.
Wiring done by a trusted member on this board (HeatW).
Transmission shifts well with no grinds, clutch is nice and springy.
Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump and 300zx Fuel Filter
APEXi 3" N1 exhaust.

Bad

No powersteering (I’m including pump for it)
Driveshaft carrier bearing is slowly going (one piece driveshaft can be had for $250)
Needs a new rad as the OEM S13 one doesn’t flow well enough for summer in my opinion.
Small gas leak at fuel return line, and FSU (gasket wasnt sealed properly)

Rolling Stock:

Good

New link kits all around and new sway bar bushings.
2 new FLCA OEM from nissan.
GP Sports 12K coilovers up front, Tein HA 10ks in the rear
New rotors, pads and clips done 10,000km ago
New front tie rods (both sides)
Sitting on 15x7 0 Eagle Hammerheads (very hard to find in 4x114.3)
Comes with 4 sets of extra tires and a set of winters on tears(Kingstar W411)
KADE tach is working although it is off at higher RPMS.
Motor idles at 900RPM.
New speed sensor not too long ago.

Bad

Only one ebrake cable.
Open diff.

Interior

GT-R seat from an R32
Nardi Personal wheel with hub
Blaupunkt Deck
ECU relocation to glove box.
Privacy Cover
Pass side leather
Rear Twill seat
Tuner does not work, all you need is a new nissan antenna cable.
Extras

Car will come with extra hatch, the rest of my spare parts, and a pig nose bumper included in the sale. I will also include an extra hood that’s flat black.

Pricing

$6500 cert and etested with new brakes all around, window replaced professionally, all fluids flushed, tune up and oil change.
$6200 cert and etested with just brakes redone
$6000 OBO cert and etested as is.

I really do not want to sell this car… as it’s everything I want in a car and I’m only paying $125 a month insurance. I have not pushed this car and everyone can vouch for it as being one of the most reliable and complete RB swaps. I have just had a change of heart and want a car that is more me. If you have any questions just call me at (416) 930-0265. If you have a 4 door skyline that’s 5 speed, I would be willing to trade as well.

PLEASE No Test Pilots, I have had bad experiences with this before.

Thanks

Chris.

Pictures:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs223.snc1/7026_153761337216_502857216_3148827_3003566_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs223.snc1/7026_153761377216_502857216_3148833_2773468_n.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs203.snc1/7026_164503377216_502857216_3228457_7801931_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs038.snc3/12559_179174227216_502857216_3350536_2420189_n.jpg

I will update this thread with better pictures tonight as car is one colour now.

Is there something wrong with the rad or you just mean 240sx in general? No nissan emblem? does the car on the dash come with?

Looks sick, GLWS.

No, my rad is fine, it’s just the S13 OEM rad in general is too small for the RB20DET on really hot days. No, I don’t have the Nissan emblem for the front bumper, it was half cracked when I bought the bumper. And no, the car on the dash doesn’t come with it :lol:.

part out?

I wouldn’t worry about the rad. I have a stock s13 rad and I was stuck in traffic for an hour when it was 30 degrees outside. Didn’t even come close to overheating and I’m usig a 1200 cfm 10 inch fan.

Alright :slight_smile: Thanks dude. And NO PARTOUTS. Car is only going to be sold as whole, and I’m I’m no rush to sell.

No I will NOT accept $2000 and a Honda Civic. Only car I will trade for is a stock or relatively stock Nissan Skyline R32 Sedan.

Okay guys… I found the Skyline of my dreams… I’m offering a package for this car non cert and non etested for $5500 OBO I am fairly flexible and once I get the insurance sorted out for the new car and get an approval I want this GONE. Car will most likely be at Shannonville this weekend as I’m getting video footage.

Many people have seen this car and a few fellow members have driven it.

I hate to be “that guy”, but if you’re at all willing to part with the wheels seperately, PM me and let me know. I can offer a few different wheels as a trade + money or just buy them from you. Thanks.

Hey sorry Brendan. I respect you and what you do. But I can’t just see a car I built go to waste being parted out. I will only be taking offers for the whole car at this point in time, as I want it gone.

I love your wheels. Good luck with the sale.

More detailed pictures, special thanks to Kengi for providing the camera:

More pics coming when uploaded on PB, excuse the messy interior, car will be professionally detailed before the sale.

Those wheels turned out very nice. if anyone remembers the wheels i had for sale, these are the same ones.

Some quick videos of start up and a quick driveby.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f164/Stiky122/th_k790pics751.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f164/Stiky122/th_k790pics752.jpg

Okay put a down payment on my skyrine today need this gone first person with $5000 takes it.

7 day since OG post BUMP.

Will accept trades for a 240 coupe as well. MUST be in good shape, and NOT looking for an SR.

Okay $4500 OBO. I need this gone NOW! Sorry for multiple bumps.

$4500 certified AND etested and will get it ready for winter by tossing in KYB GR2s and winter tires on tears. Basically you buy the car, go to the DMV and register the car under your name and you’re driving an RB powered car the SAME day you buy it.