Ideas and Events...Thoughts Wanted!!

I have fould that we need to have some changes to our meetings and also better planning. I for one want to have better turnouts at our meetings as well as have a good time. Here are some of my ideas:

:arrow: There are many different clubs in Edmonton: Zclub, mr2, rx7, prelude… and I think it could be cool to meet up with some of these other clubs. They may not drive the same type of car as you, but they still share the love for the automobile and it would be great to see some different cars and meet some new faces.

:arrow: We had a great turnout for the night of stalking. Maybe we could do this for another event later in the summer.

:arrow: BBQ’s I still think are great and for those of you who went to the last one seemed to have fun. Bringing a football or baseball to throw around are great ideas.

:arrow: Dyno Day/BBQ idea is great!!! This is something new and if we don’t have enough people who are dynoing we could go to other clubs and see if there is any intrest so the cost is at a minimum for all. We are still small and to get half of the members to dyno their cars may be tough.

If there are any other ideas or if anyone wants to comment about the ones I have posted, please feel free. This club is for you and will only work with you, so say what you would like to see happen.

Thanks

Yeah I had an idea that I forgot to mention. I think we should have a car club “challenge” at a large venue, maybe Hawrelak or something. Invite the other clubs, like EPC, MR2 club, CEVO (they would win probably), Z club, Integra club, etc. The challenge would be to see who could get the best turnout. I think it would be cool to meet up with other enthusiast clubs and see some awesome cars.

I also think a Red Deer/Sylvan meet would be cool. There are lots of cool Nissans in Calgary that I am sure would come up, I could ask around on Beyond.ca.

Those are just some of my thoughts . I photocopied some more posters and I’m constantly tagging cars.

Also has anyone thought of dropping some flyers off at some of the Nissan Dealerships? I think I may have asked this before, but I dont remember. I know my buddy who works at Erickson says he always sees awesome cars that I have never seen/heard of.

I’m definatly down for a Sylvan Cruise!!! :smiley:

Yeah. An Alberta meet in Red Deer. That would be cool. Someone in Calgary was asking about that earlier.

Also, we have just recently acquired club discount at Erickson Nissan. 10% off with the display of your NECC Membership Card. I’ll post more on this later. Thanks to RJ for that one.

Meeting up with other clubs is a great idea as well. Summer is ending soon here, and we should get a move on this one. Just say the weekend and I’ll book it off. lol.

That’s awesome! Thanks R.J.

no problem guys, anything to help out the club, be it a hand with organizing or tools or whatever to work on your cars… i dont have much, but if you need something my box is always open

-RJ

I have fould that we need to have some changes to our meetings and also better planning. I for one want to have better turnouts at our meetings as well as have a good time. Here are some of my ideas:

:arrow: There are many different clubs in Edmonton: Zclub, mr2, rx7, prelude… and I think it could be cool to meet up with some of these other clubs. They may not drive the same type of car as you, but they still share the love for the automobile and it would be great to see some different cars and meet some new faces.

:arrow: We had a great turnout for the night of stalking. Maybe we could do this for another event later in the summer.

:arrow: BBQ’s I still think are great and for those of you who went to the last one seemed to have fun. Bringing a football or baseball to throw around are great ideas.

:arrow: Dyno Day/BBQ idea is great!!! This is something new and if we don’t have enough people who are dynoing we could go to other clubs and see if there is any intrest so the cost is at a minimum for all. We are still small and to get half of the members to dyno their cars may be tough.

If there are any other ideas or if anyone wants to comment about the ones I have posted, please feel free. This club is for you and will only work with you, so say what you would like to see happen.

Thanks

Yeah I had an idea that I forgot to mention. I think we should have a car club “challenge” at a large venue, maybe Hawrelak or something. Invite the other clubs, like EPC, MR2 club, CEVO (they would win probably), Z club, Integra club, etc. The challenge would be to see who could get the best turnout. I think it would be cool to meet up with other enthusiast clubs and see some awesome cars.

I also think a Red Deer/Sylvan meet would be cool. There are lots of cool Nissans in Calgary that I am sure would come up, I could ask around on Beyond.ca.

Those are just some of my thoughts . I photocopied some more posters and I’m constantly tagging cars.

Also has anyone thought of dropping some flyers off at some of the Nissan Dealerships? I think I may have asked this before, but I dont remember. I know my buddy who works at Erickson says he always sees awesome cars that I have never seen/heard of.

I’m definatly down for a Sylvan Cruise!!! :smiley:

Yeah. An Alberta meet in Red Deer. That would be cool. Someone in Calgary was asking about that earlier.

Also, we have just recently acquired club discount at Erickson Nissan. 10% off with the display of your NECC Membership Card. I’ll post more on this later. Thanks to RJ for that one.

Meeting up with other clubs is a great idea as well. Summer is ending soon here, and we should get a move on this one. Just say the weekend and I’ll book it off. lol.

That’s awesome! Thanks R.J.

no problem guys, anything to help out the club, be it a hand with organizing or tools or whatever to work on your cars… i dont have much, but if you need something my box is always open

-RJ