idle/hesitation/studdering/popping(backfire?)

91 240sx super hicas s13 ka24de

Ok, I got my 240 a while ago and I know its been sitting around for some time before i got it and after i got it so I changed a few pieces. At first it ran real rough and bad and I found out one of my injectors wasnt working, got some injectors and then I had 4 cyclinders again. Then I got it safetied (passed no prob, did alot OF work ;)) I got my 10 day permit and took it out for a spin. Since I had it on the road I find it runs nice when its cold, like when I go to work. but when it heats up and reaches normal temp it starts to like bog out, some serious hesitation/studdering and some backfires(small quiet ones) I’ve been taking backroads and was able to find that between roughly 2000-3000 (very random theres no noticable pattern at all) is when this occurs. And sometimes It’ll run fine between 2-3k rpm, but I’d say 8/10 times it happens.
I also notice that it doesnt really have much power as well.

What I’ve done:

Bings 3" Exhaust Catback
AEM Intake
New Rotor Button
New Distributer Cap
New Accel Wires
New Plugs
New Oil/Filter
And I’ve even switched the maf to see if the sensor was gone, was ok
cant get orignal o2 sensor out, I do have a new one tho :P.

The spark is good,injectors work, cant find any leaks, everything is tight
it wont keep a steady idle for etest and the problem occurs when stopped and while driving. Engine also makes a constant clicking noise too when warmed up.

If anyone can help I’d appreciate anything.

Something to try might be spraying a bunch of TB cleaner into the IACV tube just beside the throttle body, start a few times if needed and let her rev for a bit…your IACV may be dirty or sticking (causes idle-hunting and hesitation while driving, often intermittent).

Good luck.

Check spark wires for backfiring issues… i had that issue. IACV also as suggested above as that’ll affect idle and cause backfiring (also something i had issue with).

As the car is running pull the spark wires out one by one on and off… see if it does wonders for you, bad cables can cause backfiring issues.