If gas jumped to $5+ a gallon, what habits of yours would change?

the actual “on road” diesel tax is about 20 cents per gallon right now

Oh abd vlad i swapped your diesel price around a couple weeks ago at mobil from 3.80 somthing to 8 dollars somthing… this was just a couple weeks ago and diesel was 3.8-, now its up around 4.2-

$5 gas… My cars get about 25-27 mpg combined so I wouldn’t change much.

My bro and I already carpool whenever schedule permits, and I take shortcuts whenever possible.

yea, I’ve been serious for awhile, me and my father are both electrically proficient (he is a union electrician, I was his apprentice) so the main thing would be simply researching the materials. I’ve been looking into it for about a year now, so I know pretty much every available option there is. what have you found?

Quit my part time job as a delivery driver for sure.

Let me talk to my friend and pick his brain before I put my foot in my mouth. I don’t know that much about what to use, what we researched were government grants(I think the government will hand you a check for $10k upon the installation of a solar power in your house) in addition to property tax waivers and reductions I think the savings in tax can offset the cost to the point where it is on the cusp of being cheaper then regular electricity.

it all depends on the size of the service you plan on getting, how much sun you would get normally, etc etc.

generally I’ve seen people only have to pay 1/4-1/3 for their pv system.

hit me up on aim if you want

You would think that with the mass amounts of diesel, the trucking companies would get a bulk rate discount or something. Yeah, right. The company I work for spends about 15k a week in diesel. We’re actually phasing out having the fuel delivered and stored in tanks on the property because it is cheaper for us to just fill at the pumps. Our delivery ticket today was 4.49/gal. 20 cents more than at the pump.

Electricity is the same way, after you exceed a certain level of usage for a few consecutive months you get “upgraded” to a demand meter and your rate literally doubles.

yep 15k a week is nothing for fuel. The one truckin company around here that i will not mention names…(but they have the sweeetest trucks out there around this area, and you can pick them out from long ways away they stand out so much.) but a couple months ago the owner told me they use 60-70k a week! :runaway

I believe it. We’re just a small towing operation with 16 trucks. Most of our business comes from larger trucking companies i.e. Penske, Ryder, Alnye, Schneider, UPS, etc. A lot of these trucking companies are cutting back a lot and in the long run, it’s the consumer that suffers for it. Shit just keeps rolling downhill.

fuck it… bread costs more too…

Best part is Bush thinking that putting 600 bucks in our pockets is going to make things better. :idiots

well imho it will help the economy if people use the credit wisely but pretty much anything you buy effects the economy in one way or another

yup, most trucking companys dont really care about the rising fuel cost b/c they just pass the cost down to the consumer

That goes hand in hand. Do you think most people would have to rely on credit if wages kept up with the cost of living?

Not to bash Americans, but the success and crash of the subprime market just shows how naive and gullible people are. They preyed on the American dream and took advantage of everyone that doesn’t clearly read the fine print. On the other hand, if most people learned to live within their means, it wouldn’t be like this either. Then again, who can really live within their means when the days of $500/mo leases/mortgages are long gone? See how no matter what you do now, it’s all a catch 22? You can’t even find a fixer upper around me for under 100k.

IMO it’s freaking ridiculous that our needs to live (i.e. heating oil, food, housing, health insurance, etc) is so outrageously expensive and our wants (cars, gadgets, etc) are still left affordable.

Allstar-the companies do care. Many don’t want to raise rates and risk losing business. So, the cuts fall onto the employees. We raised our rates a meager 3 bucks and even then we’re losing customers. But, as employees, we’ve lost our employer paid health insurance (we pay it now), bonuses, fuel reimbursements, cut hours, and time 1/2 overtime. The best example is our fuel supplier charges us 4.50 a gallon, but calls us up complaining that we charged them 300 to go 3 hours out of our way to replace 3 bad tires.

Worst part is not understanding trickle down economics

^^^^ Yea he BORROWED 80 Million from china, meaning we have to pay it back, our country dosnt even have enough money todo this alone. Believe or not if you havent read the paper latly, i suggest you pick one up. Last week if JP Morgan didnt buy out Bear Stream, the whole 1929 crash, would have happened again. poeple have NO idea how bad of shape were in.

This is a excerpt from a article about JPMorgan buying Bear Stream.

As part of the transaction, the Federal Reserve, which engineered last week’s emergency bailout of Bear, will provide up to $30 billion of Bear Stearns’ less liquid assets

And guys who pays for all 30 billion? WEDO! thats were your taxes are going.
For all who dont know, Bear Stream has been a Bank for 100+ years.

This is the website for JPMorgan Transction details.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/mar2008/db20080316_356646.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

Oh, I understand trickle down economics. My point is, how much good can $600 do?

That’s not even a full tank of heating oil for me.

its only putting us in more debt.

To anyone who has no clue what im talking about

that website is garbage, seriously…