If I were to spend $40K on a car...

40k used, but over 100k new and parts that are the same as a Ferrari with most mechanics not wanting to work on them. Yeah, that’ll be cheap.

yikes dude… yikes

@ least with my m3, most parts are shared with teh common 3 series, adn there is a dealer network etc…

i wouldnt touch a maserati unless i oculd buy it cash

Whatever you buy make sure YOU like it. I agree with psychopjv get the TL, badass car you can drive all year long. The 2009 Camaro’s will be about 35,000 to 40,000 and they are talking about having an LS7 option in it. Thats what I’m getting, white with black guts and black racing stripes. I can’t wait.

This car could be affordable to own as long as you only drive it as much as the original owner(6k-7k/year) and keep it in a clean, heated garage.
If you want to drive it 20000-30000 miles per year around WNY it will get costly.

I love all the people that are speculating that a Maseratti is expensive to maintain? Have you owned one? NO.

I have yet to see anyone with any facts, can someone pull up a Maintenance schedule?

How do you know its going to be 4x as much as an evo to maintain, maybe its 6 times or 2x?

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:25,topic:40134"”]

I love all the people that are speculating that a Maseratti is expensive to maintain? Have you owned one? NO.

I have yet to see anyone with any facts, can someone pull up a Maintenance schedule?

How do you know its going to be 4x as much as an evo to maintain, maybe its 6 times or 2x?

[/quote]

are you kidding? its a ferrari… labor rates are going to hover ~ 200 dollars even for bracketracer if he wanted to touch the thing…

ferrari/maserati parts are notoroiously pricey, due to low volume and each car/motor not using interchangeable pieces like a GM etc

all italian “exotics” are expensive

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:19,topic:40134"”]

Note to self. Do not buy car from Newman.
The car is fucking hot btw. Buy it and then dd that shit. Someone go look up parts/service costs. I am sure they are as bad as we think. 91MR2 seems to have this subject on lock.

[/quote]

Yea i dont doubt that its expensive to maintain at all but im in for facts as well.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:25,topic:40134"”]

[/quote]

do you seriously think its going to be as cheap as a mitsu, or honda? NO

lets be real, no one here knows the exact cost most likely, but any of us can easily determine its going to be more expensive.

[quote=“Viper966,post:26,topic:40134"”]

are you kidding? its a ferrari… labor rates are going to hover ~ 200 dollars even for bracketracer if he wanted to touch the thing…

ferrari/maserati parts are notoroiously pricey, due to low volume and each car/motor not using interchangeable pieces like a GM etc

all italian “exotics” are expensive

[/quote]

Umm i dont think thats what he was trying to say.

[quote=“chino,post:28,topic:40134"”]

do you seriously think its going to be as cheap as a mitsu, or honda? NO

lets be real, no one here knows the exact cost most likely, but any of us can easily determine its going to be more expensive.

[/quote]

No I dont think its going to be as cheap as a mitsu or a honda, I just am curious as to how much more expensive it is

uled Maintenance
Maserati 18000 mile Scheduled Service most vehicles… $1570.00
Change oil; Flush Brakes; Check Fluids; Check Hoses and complete safety inspection for your Maserati

Labor Rates 	most vehicles...   $125.00
Our Maserati Certified Technicians are available to care for your Maserati like it was our own. Loaner vehicles are also available, if you have purchassed your Maserati from Shelton Maserrati.

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:30,topic:40134"”]

No I dont think its going to be as cheap as a mitsu or a honda, I just am curious as to how much more expensive it is

[/quote]

yea… I dunno all I am really trying to say is this is a really stupid daily driver for WNY, this car is not meant for dirty ass salty WNY winters.

Even just comparing the price of STi parts to impreza parts you’re looking at 2x the cost. go exotic it has to be at least that much, nevermind the labor.

You mentioned A4, Evo and STI, those could be a dd.
Do you plan on driving this car daily?
I am telling you that will make a huge difference in ownership cost.
This car may actually be cheaper to own if you do not drive it much.

I can change my oil and flush my brakes for under $150

[quote=“Viper966,post:31,topic:40134"”]

uled Maintenance
Maserati 18000 mile Scheduled Service most vehicles… $1570.00
Change oil; Flush Brakes; Check Fluids; Check Hoses and complete safety inspection for your Maserati

Labor Rates     most vehicles...   $125.00
  Our Maserati Certified Technicians are available to care for your Maserati like it was our own. Loaner vehicles are also available, if you have purchassed your Maserati from Shelton Maserrati.

[/quote]

I’m sure your M3 has a similar schedule, when was the last time you were at the dealer to get your belts and hoses inspected?

ok i tried looking up price for a water pump and couldnt even find one…

proper fucked

Ok i have to ask. Why is labor so much on these types of vehicles. Is is simply a supply/demand type thing? Are they harder to work on for some reason? Liability maybe? Probably paying for the knowledge also.

well that, and people keep forgetting that Fiat made a lot of the parts for that car…

on a side note, GTs really have to worlds worse shift boot…

Maserati Part Cost list
http://www.maseratinet.com/SPARE_PARTS/Parts_News_Flyer.asp

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:36,topic:40134"”]

ok i tried looking up price for a water pump and couldnt even find one…

proper fucked

[/quote]

That when you know its bad. Proper fucked lol

For 40G i would scoop up a Ferrari TESTAROSSA