My Turn ver. Next Car Choices

Before someone spews out “go buy a house,” I already am set with that.

That being said, as much as I love the s2000, I want something different.

Car choices narrowed down to :

2002ish Porsche C4S - (~$42K) Would stay pretty much stock, maybe some Turbo parts - such as brakes, suspension, but nothing crazy. Dunno if I would drive all year, but would be on the road all year. These cars are pretty awesome, however do come with a steep maint cost, especially lower cost ones with higher mileage.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon 5 spd (~$25k) - Would probably mod lightly, slightly larger turbo, suspension, brakes. An obvious practical yet fun choice.

199x LS1 swapped FC (~$15K)- Obviously another “project” car of some sort, but I would buy it pre-built ala Viper’s M3 / JoesTypeS’s old Teg.

2002ish Toyota MRS Turbo (~$20K) - Would mod a little, maybe stick a hardtop on it, maybe a widebody kit because they are so fooking sexy with them. MR config, 2200lbs, 280HP, Toyota reliability? Good times.

Keep in mind I still have my Galant.

if these are “daily drivers” i really only see the legacy gt as a daily, maybe the porsche but what are you going to do in the winter?

See my edit :slight_smile:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

any other choices?

Nope, I’m pretty stubborn. However, you can throw them out there, but like when I wanted my Galant, I wanted nothing else… when I wanted my s2000, I wanted nothing else…

I’m kinda set.

so… basically you already have set in your mind what you want? right :stuck_out_tongue:

i wouldnt get the porsche… insurance…maintance…winters…not worth it just to own a porsche…

Toyota MRS Turbo ftw. #1 choice.

something like this is hot:

i would stay away from a turbo MRS, i’ve seen nothing but problems with them, unless you REALLY do it right and go full standalone (but good by passing inspection in nys)

dude, why do you only like the ugliest mr2’s :stuck_out_tongue:

rock out the legacy wagon…pimp shit :tup:

i know my next whip will be either another wagon or a new legacy gt…sedan tho :stuck_out_tongue:

maintance on the porsche is not that bad*, just make sure the RMS is done and the clutch is good

*if you are mechanically inclined

FC or Wagon.

If you have the Galant for a winter car, why on earth would you want the C4S? Porsche AWD, while good, takes all the fun out of the cars (in NA form). Understeers like a pig in the dry. Brakes are the same in post facelift ('02 and up) 996’s except for in the GT3 and GT2 models, so a turbo upgrade isnt an upgrade at all. Suspension is nearly the same, the only upgrades worth your time are PSS9’s or Motons or JIC or JRZ. The turbo stuff is marginally different, and the only real different OEM stuff you can get is the M030/ROW parts which is really just a drop and like a 25# increase in spring rate. As for FI if you want to waste your money, start with a C4 or a C2 and start going FI (turbo if you really wanna waste cash) or the ONLY good Supercharging kit out there is the EvoMS kit which runs about $8k (plus install). Basically, get a C2 or a C2S you’re in the city so you can still drive it year round. You’ll have a 2WD sports car, that’s fun, has killer looks, will be cheaper to buy, and maintain than the C4S, will be faster (straight line and corners), and more fun to drive.

Dont get the MRS, ugly, and a waste of time.

The LS1 swapped RX7 is a great idea since you already have a daily. (till you get the swap done).

Legacy GT, nice car, but what’s the point? You already have an AWD daily, seems like just a “filler” car to me.

Wagons are hot but would seem redundant with the vr4 as far as AWD 4-door goes, boxy 80s styled cars are awesome though I’m voting FC.

500hp Fun…
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=203226877&dealer_id=87389&car_year=1991&model=911TURBO&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=0&make=POR&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14052&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=40000&cardist=1912

^ :tup: nice, best looking porches ever IMO

i say C2S over C4… or C2 for wallets sake…or i think the MR2 would hot as balls, i really like them

The panties will drop around this car:headbang:

Definately nice, I rather have a 993 but they hover around 55-65K still

A Turbo MRS with a hardtop would be an insane amount of fun. I say do it.

If a MRS really weighs 2200 lbs, do that.

curb weight with a full tank of gas and you in it would only be a couple hundo under my car :wink:

i kid i kid

how about a ls1 swapped FD for 22kish

there sexy