My Turn ver. Next Car Choices

Boxy > Rounded

Okay maybe not, there is just no positive way to argue it except that it’s different.

ls1 fd ftw or wait a few months and get the new lexus is500!!! mmm sexy and pimp!!!

I can’t justify spending 40K on a car from 1991.

However, that shit is hot as FUuuuuuck.

have you ever tried to fit in an FD?

I’d say it’s smaller than my s2000.

m5?

fuck that howie.

v8 swapped 1st gen mr2. now that’d fucking rape and be INTENSE to drive around anywhere. plus you have a history with the 1st gens already :slight_smile:

nsx?

Get a 5.9 Limited :lol:

HOWIEHOWIHOWIHIEIHOHIEOWIOWIWHIOOIHIWIHIEIH!!!11

dont just get a GT wagon go all out and have the performance of the porsche but with subie reliability and get the SPEC B

ok seriously please show me a C4S for 42K b/c I’m seeing 02’s going for 50K

:word:
…you can get a 1996 or 1997 for 42k
02s are around 50-60 on ebay

meh, not if you’re going for an older NA. i’ve still got my eye on those… :lickout:

He has a hookup, obviously :wink:

Now Howie down to your list:

C4S- Don’t do it. Besides the reasons MPD47 stated, you know damn well you can’t leave anything alone, and you don’t want to start modding a Porsche. What is insurance going to cost? Do you want to park that thing and worry about it?

Subaru Legact GT - overpriced, don’t do it.

FC/LS1 - IF the swap is running well with no problems, this might be a good option. I know how you like small FR cars. Questions to ask: How hard will it be to inspect in NYC? (If it’s OBDI then probably not too hard?). This option, parts will be cheaper (LS1), insurance will be cheaper. As long as those concerns are addressed, it would probably be the most economical option of the cars. Someone needs to research if gas mileage is increased from the LS1 because the FC is lighter(?).

MR2- :meh: don’t bother.

If you were smart like me, you’d just buy a motorcycle for your daily driver. Parking is cheaper. Insurance is cheaper. Spend less money on gas. Tolls are cheaper. Never get stuck in Manhattan traffic jams. Your boss would stop nagging you. More room in your garage (car+ bike> car+ car for storage). You’d have way more fun on it. Do you want me to keep going?

good point

hell, If I had a DD and especially living in NYC, I’d be all over a bike for my “toy”

My uncle just bought one for around that price, and has another friend who wants to sell his for 42k.

70k miles though.

Fuck.

Did I mention the motorcycle is cheaper? A brand new motorcycle is cheaper than any of your listed options, and if you were smart and got a used motorcycle, there would be a lot more extra money in your pocket.

Why bother getting more into debt with the other car choices? Having no loans to pay off is a good thing.

I like the MRS. MR2s are awesome and dirt cheap.

As for the RX7/inspection thing, no RX7 is OBDII. Last US RX7 was in 95, but they were made for much longer and imported to other countries.

I keep forgetting that the US stopped getting them. :ham:

However, NYC-Tristate is real fucked up with inspections, doesn’t hurt to be sure. Who know what they do with swapped motor cars down there.

Yup, no idea what the NYC hippie fuckers have going on. As long as they don’t make me deal with it, I’m happy. :tup: