If I were to trade in the 6....

jeff, what’re you going for - the '04 GTO?

stick/ auto?

thanks joe, walter - i’d never lease anything, but i’m learning a lot from this :tup:

Used car FTW, never lease.

Image problem?

used and obd1 ftw :stuck_out_tongue:

wow…my 190hp FWD does 9.9

So since you decided to use one end of the extreme with the Accord with extremely low depreciation, lets use the other.
Say you bought a Lincoln Town Car in 2003. MSRP is 40,270, base model, with nothing on it. Even if you put $15,000 down, almost half of the purchase price, and got 4.9% financing, you’d pay $44,169 total including finance charges to own the car for 3 years. If you sold it 3 years later, KBB is $13,070. That means the total cost to own it was $31,100 for 3 years.

Typical lease payment on this vehicle was between $450 and $500 with only tax title and registration down. Throwing out the extra $3000 in taxes and potential interest gained, the cost of leasing the vehicle is between $16,200, and $18,000. So you save between $13 and 15,000. This is just as applicable as your Honda Accord example.

So regardless of what finance god, i mean walter says, sometimes leasing is the right move for you.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/car-guide-2004/residual-value1.asp
Good read by the way about residual value and how it impacts lease prices.

man…

this is so true…

sigh