im coming back to pgh...

I was a personal trainer at the Greentree sportsplex for about 8 months. I was certified through the ISSA and insured by my company. The money was not too bad. I was charging 40/hr for individuals and also doing group fitness for 5 bucks a session. The group stuff is where I made the most money. It would be things like Fitball routines and Circuit training, usually during the lunch hour.

The hardest part was finding my own clients to train one on one.

When I was not training individuals I was paid minimum wage to just be staff in the weight room to make sure people were exercising safely.

It took a lot of enthusiasm to motivate the type of client that I usually had. My typical clients were older men and women that were out of shape and fat. They wanted results instantly like most people that have no idea about fitness.

I can easily say if i had a different type of client like a high school athlete to speed train or a beginning bodybuilder wanting to compete I would enjoy that. Its those damn fat men and women who think throwing money at their weight problem is the solution that killed me!

I have a passion for fitness and training but it honestly sucked the life out of me. I was so sick of being around weights and people exercising that my own routine suffered.

its just my experience. I thought you would like to hear some.

Jimmy