I'm downright f'ing giddy!!!

[left]congrats jim thats awesome. Joe is gonna have a hell of a time without you.
[/left]

Definitely a good choice for your PMBA. Of course, I’m partial, since I worked in the department.

If you talk to Courtney Walsh (the assistant dean), or Cindy DeGeorge, tell them you know me. They’ll love you forever :lol:

congrats!!

Congrats; I’m trying to do the same thing you just did.

Well done, I work there too, as a Logistics Planner. It’s a very good company to be at, from everything I’ve seen so far. They do profit-sharing too, so do good at what you’ll be doing…and we’ll both benefit…

praxair is sweet…I am there often…I keep your office dry :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats. Which building are you in?

congrats…
i’ve “heard” things about certain people over at OGSI…
as in creeky wallet syndrome.

At least the V is paying for my masters at bsc… i did not want the hassle of a gmat :smiley:
maybe for my next degree, i’ll look towards mba.

If I knew you then I would! :slight_smile: On the plus side, Jen Levenduski has been one of my best friends since my freshman year at UB, so God knows I’ll be dropping her name. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea what building I’m in, but all the offices of the guys that I interviewed with were attached to the main lobby.

Yeah, creaky wallet syndrome sounds about right. “What do you mean you have to spend money to make money? That’s bullshit.” I’m not going to go airing out OGSI’s dirty laundry, but lets just upper management around here isn’t very good at hiding things so whatever you’ve heard is probably true. And I could probably tell you a lot more… But I won’t… As much as I’d love to bitch and rant and get it all out of my system, I’m not going to badmouth the company that gave me a great start to my career that has made me qualified for positions and opportunities that I wouldn’t have been otherwise.

Not that OGSI’s all bad. It’s actually pretty fun work, you get a lot of freedom, and it’s been an absolutely phenomenal place to start my career. Plus there’s a TON of unrealized potential here so OGSI may be going places. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it the same way again. The opportunities that I’ve had here have prepared me for work that I never would have been qualified for otherwise.

But I’ve kind of hit a wall. Professionally, I’ve got places to go and things to do and it’s not going to happen here. So I’m on to bigger and better things. :tup:

Plus the pay increase is nice. :tup: I’ll still be driving the Jetta for a while, but I can now afford the quality of living that I’ve maintained over the last year or so and my credit card debt is going to start going down instead of up. Maybe in a year or so I’ll have an E30 project car or an E36/E46 DD. Although I’m actually considering downgrading from the Jetta to some POS just to get me to/from work. Lower insurance payments (I’d drop down to just liaibility) and no car payment would be nice to hack away my debt faster. I could do this since my fiance has a good car for trips and shit and I’ll have a whopping 3 mile commute. There’s an E30 318 in the paper with 176k on it for like a grand…

yup, never badmouth a former employer…
it will come back when you least suspect it.

ive herd the unrealized potential stuff before :slight_smile:
i believe you know my source… he’s Mr P.C. :lol

^Batwood? :smiley: Do you hear from him much? How’s he doing?

Seriously though, OGSI’s not all bad. I would absolutely recommend a recent engineering grad start their career here, intern here, etc. There are soooo many opportunities and so many different things to get your hand in. A ton of freedom. Hell, I’ve been to parts of the world that most people have never even heard of, much less know where it is, thanks to OGSI. I started here 3 years ago, and since then we’ve moved from the Bell Aerospace building in the falls, to renting a building in Amherst, to building a 40,000 square foot facility in Tonawanda. I have a 500 square foot office/lab all to myself. We’re doing 5 times the business this year as we were when I started in 2003, and only growing. (~1 million in business in 2003, now up to 5 million this year.) So there’s definitely a lot of positive to say about this place, and you can’t argue with results. It’s just not the place for me anymore. I want a big company with promotions to work for and areas to specialize in.

he’s alive and well at the GiP 50 :smiley:
i see hime every couple of weeks or so for lunch

Tell him I said hi!

congrats… i will now patiently wait for the OMG ITS BEEN A WHILE, BUT I BOUGHT ANOTHER CYCLE thread <3 kiss <3

:rofl: We’ll see…

congrats man :tup: we do work for them every now and again… maybe we’ll wind up working together in the future

Congrats on your new job. It’s always nice to work for a big company. Did your salary happen to double or triple from your last job? :slight_smile: That happens to me when i switch to my new job.

>25% jump when you factor in benefits. :smiley: I still have no discretionary income, but at least I can afford my house/lifestyle now, and go to the dentist, and start a 401k…

I like it already! My first day isn’t for 2 1/2 weeks and I’ve already been invited to a holiday party at the Seneca Niagara with gourmet food and open bar! :smiley:

are you going to be dealing with ab motor and automation controls?

I’ll let you know in 3 weeks, but probably.