I'm looking for a job (EE degree)

I graduated in December '06 with a BT-EE degree from Buffalo State. If anyone currently has a job in the field or knows if anyone local is hiring, i’d appreciate a point in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Fuck local.

Head out to California. You will thank me later.

Word of advice…stay FAR FAR way from pimp…er I mean “temp.” services/~imployment agency…they are the scum of the earth.

Chicago too… electrical work there is big as that city is growing just as houston

Come down to the the Northern VA, DC and Maryland area. It’s a money pit down here.

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:3,topic:27171"”]

Word of advice…stay FAR FAR way from pimp…er I mean “temp.” services/~imployment agency…they are the scum of the earth.

[/quote]

Thats funny, most major corporations hire a ton of people that started by working as a temp in their company.

Citi, and hsbc are two right off the top of my head.

Sure if your temping at bobs tv/vcr repair store then your fucked, but if your offered a temp job at a big corporation I would take a good look at it.

:word:

Talk to neurokinetik, he just did that, with good success.

From dealing with “temp” services for a good 10yrs now on and off. Barely any of them have “temp to perm” positions. I’d say a quarter of them are actually aimed at actually getting you hired. Most want u to fill a spot for 6mo. or so then call u and tell u theat they dont need u anymore and they got another job for u for $8hr.
I’ve had technician jobs that were “temp to perm” worked there for a year and a half just to be called and told I wasnt needed now. So, I worked 1.5yrs with no health benefit, shit pay…just to be canned and then told they have NO jobs for me right now…

That sucks… guess you need to do your homework before you use a temp agency. Sounds like some of them are not working for your best interest.