I'm wondering

Ok I live in a BIG apartment complex while i’m up here at school. There is a guy who just moved out and back to Georgia because he’s done with school. We have storage units in the basement of the place I live for our stuff. He moved out mind you so he’s gone his lease is up. He left 2 rims and tires and a corolla GT-S hood in the storage area but he’s gone mind you and there is no lock left on his storage area. I was wondering what I should do. Should I contact my landlord and ask if I can take what he left? I figure I can sell the stuff on Ebay or something or even sell the stuff up at school for some extra cash considering there are 2 other kids that have them up here.So what steps should I take to acquire this stuff?

Common sense would tell you to get ahold of the kid and ask him if he is just abandoning that shit up there. Just because he left it there doesnt mean its fair game. for all you know he struck a deal with your land lord to store it there for some extra time till he can get back thereto get it.

Selling someone elses shit is a bad bad idea.

Once you do that, ask your landlord if you can go take the stuff bc he allowed you too.

Well yea obviously I’m not just going to take it. I’d ask the dude but he moved back to Georgia so I don’t know how to contact him. I figured if I got ahold of the landlord and told him about it and he said I could take it then I see no problem in it.

theres probably some law that states after a certain amount of time its considered abandoned with renting. Im sure(at least i hope) with the landlord he would know

Get off pittspeed and get back to work, Expedient isn’t paying you to surf the interwebz :nono: :hahano:

common law would be if you think it wrong it most likely is.

If only laws were that simple…

i’ld contact the landlord about it and go from there

I’m going to call him tomorrow and take it from there.Would anyone be interested by chance in the Corolla hood if he lets me have it? It’s in mint shape.